15 coaches online • Server time: 05:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
is multiple block worht it on the st6 mummy?
yes
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
no
48%
 48%  [ 16 ]
pie (you think too much eat more)
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 33

Stevar

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I was going to choose guard for my st6 block mummy, when i though.. why not multiple block?

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12024944
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I suggest Guard, way better than Multiple Block.

edit. I thought the Mummy had Guard already. Embarassed

Last edited by MattDakka on Dec 18, 2017 - 17:46; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MB is not a great skill, to be honest, as it isn't often you get to use it. however, for a 6st mummy, it's not terrible, and would likely get you a double hit on the LOS at kickoffs, etc. i'd still take GD tho.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

multiple block is worth it, but only if you have block (which you do, check) and grab.

if I was the coach, i'd take spp51 - Guard, 76spp - grab, 176 spp - multiple block.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is clearly the best skill available to this player. After that, Stand Firm is also better than Multiple Block.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I just think all the other options will get more use. Grab is always useful and SF + BT makes sure your best player will always be where you want him to be but guard makes him much harder to isolate. For all their size and strength mummies are a big target on undead teams as once they are out the way the rest of the team (that matters) is fairly squishy. Personally I would go guard then stand firm.

In regards to the LOS, in the metagame blocking with just one player also prevents others having the opportunity to develop.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Multiblock is basically a skill you take when you've exhausted most other options and keep rolling singles.
I *might* take it to control frenzy on a big guy, but that's a really niche use.

Guard and stand firm are of much more use (and with 2 Sf st6 mummies your team would find it very easy to control the pitch), grab opens up options for both control, surfing and fouling, as well as giving you a guy who can shift a sidestepper (and will be getting 3d with one assist too).

I just don't like multiblock - of all the skills in the S category, this is the one that mostly promotes rolling needless (block) dice, and quite often it's also promoting positioning that isn't optimal just so you can use multiblock.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would leave Multiple block until the last skill and a maybe at that. Why? You want to take skills that work well with the doubles you hope you'll get. Guard/Stand Firm/Grab all go better with block.

[edit] saw the block...still guard/stand firm work real nice with either dodge or tackle
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2017 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is great on a Block s6 av9 fella. Sure you will get some use of Multi-block but maybe not a lot. As Arktoris says maybe it could be ok later but Guard is a priority.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2017 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Curious when multiblock does work.

Does it work with Dark elf assassins with the stab skill?

Treemen and STR6? (or str7)?

On the Beast with Rotters? Or a Wood elf catcher with Dauntless and too many doubles Wink

Sure Grab and Stand Firm are fair skills, but neither POW's. I would rather have 2 2d6 blocks then one 3d6. If your Big guy does not have block, yes then the skill is too dangerous. But I see this skill as a "I want to take guys down" skill. I.e. very useful if you're Chaos playing elf in an open tournament or similar.
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2017 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Always on DE Assassins for doubles.

I love it on my Block Trees, love it my Deathroller because he's often in multiple contact at key moments due to ST 7 and Stand Firm, but you should have Grab (and Guard) on the bigs first so you can keep contact.

I have one on an Ogre team, big Guard stack helps but they need Block and that one lacks it. Still, he's made more blocks than any other Ogre because he does end up using it to solve problems. Two blocks with one Ogre is sometimes one less bonehead you have to risk.

Not bad on a nice Troll Slayer, the free dauntless and surrounding guard stack carried by dorf teams is a fair way to eliminate some frenzy risks on a precious AV 8.

Best trick for ST 6 though, Break Tackle. 0+ base dodge means 3+ into a tight cage and 2d pretty much any ball carrier. Cages that won't stop within five squares of a big mummy are hard to move, but also Guard so you can clear the way with a buddy for the big dodge and then surround the cage with guard helping everyone.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2017 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab is awesome if you like to foul.

Oscar Wilde
Stevar

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2017 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Grab is awesome if you like to foul.

Well, it is not that I like to foul. Asking undies if they like to foul is like asking Orc if they like to block, it is not a matter of like, it is simply expected of you on the field.

Guard is useful indeed, especially the mummy has break tackle but to be useful it means the mummy is in 2 tackle zones, so could throw 2 blocks.

And the new rule of multiple blocks is to add +2 to the strength of the opposing players. (before you added their strength). I wonder how the assist works. So the 2 blocked players do not need to be standing next to each other neither, one could be on each side of the mummy.
The disadvantage, you can follow up neither block. I think just for this I will avoid it.

Stand firm and grab are really interesting too.
SF for building a cage, Grab for breaking one Wink

lol, such a nice dilemma, cannot really choose wrong in the end.. just need to choose right.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2017 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a dilemma at all, Guard is the right choice. Smile
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2017 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

grab and a multi-blocker - use the grabber to put the opponents in contact with the multi blocker. Or two multi-blockers with grab playing pass the players.
 Jump to: