50 coaches online • Server time: 14:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheTrueBlu

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing the game for a few months and I think I finally found my favorite team race, Underworld Denizens. A cast of misfits that have lovable flaws and sneaky good potential. Goblins can be super annoying dodging into any gap on a 2+ with two heads. Only to be killed fairly easily. Then you have the enforcing Troll. The fact that he can get claw to compliment MB at only 6 spp is unreal for a weaker team overall. Only to have the worst negatrait in the game. Then the racist Skaven. Movement 7 and you get sure hands and block as beginner skills. Sign me up! I know this team has plenty of flaws overall but they are a joy for me to play as. They seem to have tactics that are only limited by your imagination. (With Nuffle's blessings of course) Basically I'm looking for really good strategies to build around with this lineup. I usually scour youtube for tips on teams and watch games to learn about positioning and how to use certain players to their full potential. But there seems to be a lack of love from the youtube community. Anything from article links to youtube videos/twitch streams will be appreciated.
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm is quite useful for new players as is the help section on here. Nothing beats experience though.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like Underworld as well and I want to play them more. There are certainly people on here more experienced with them than me, but the main piece of advice I would give is that, with normal access to mutations, Two Heads is a great first skill on both the Gobbos and Skaven. For the Skaven linerats/throwers, it means they can dodge on a 2+, which makes them much more useful then the normal Skaven equivalents and helps them stay alive. For the Gobbos, Two Heads stunties are very slippery and annoying.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw troll is obviously very tempting, but I kind of feel guard and tentacles should be the first and second normal picks

Which means funneling MVP to the troll, and blitzers. So they will always be the MVP candidates all the time probably?
SerenadeOfSorrow

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i personally started off by giving all my goblins foul appearance doesn't work often but the games it does can be really frustrating for opponnents
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

About Goblins: I aim for +MA or AG 4 on first skill up, if it doesn't happen, I fire the Goblin.
This way I have a bench of cheap Goblins and a roster with 14 players at a relatively low TV.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I did the same as Serenade of Sorrow. Took Foul Appearance over Two Heads. Foul Appearance makes them slightly better at Job One, while Two Heads makes them much better at Job Two. I think 2H might be a better pick than FA, in the new rules, where you can ensure that Goblins don't soak up MVPs. In LRB6, I think it's a judgment call. But firing and replacing at 6 SPP is not a bad thing.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

While i played them i had upt to 2 FA gobbos, and up to 2 TH gobbos. As a tiebreaker i picked FA if both were at equal numbers. I like having the option of putting some gobbos at critical spots, even on the LOS. My math and way of playing suggested i cant hide all the gobbos, even if it is theoretically possible, as that would expose the core players, which is not good for the long run. So i absolutely needed some gobbos with some resiliency, and FA was there as the obvious choice.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I find FA only good on a lot of player more than 4...FA work so few times, that i often forget that my hurggle have it.

But a roster with 5 or More FA become realy annoying.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Doofr wrote:

Then you are playing vs a 100 TV higher team.
Is that really worth it?
I think not.
datom

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

On a 'normal' goblin, I see a lot of DT taken. Would anyone consider prehensile tail on a few goblins and trying to mass that? Obviously only +1 rather than +2 but it does stack.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Especially in the world of d3 MVPs, it's hard to get a lot of skilled goblins going.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Doofr wrote:

Is that really worth it?
I think not.

Was not talking about underworld roster specificaly. I will not try to have 5 fa or more in a underwolrd team.

In a way i was saying to not take FA on underworld , since its almost impossible to have 5 or more and not sure it worhts it.

Look etheral roster in Secret Leaguethey all have FA, thats a real pain to play them.:p

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Doofr wrote:

Is that really worth it?
I think not.

Howd that work out in the game I played against you with what, 3 FA players? You were stymied Wink
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Block or dodge works rarely too, still protects somehow Smile