33 coaches online • Server time: 09:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

Rather than taking the view GW look a bit silly and it’s a mess, I’d rather focus on the fact they’re fixing / clarifying things. BB2016 isn’t done yet, if they keep making good decisions, then yey.

Can't we do both?

I'm Scottish, it's my heritage to be a curmudgeon Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Started on the Christmas spirit early? Wink

I wish! Maybe I should, lol.

I haven't quite chosen my Christmas spirit yet though ... Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Buu88

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it should be

You get tv difference + any gold the opponent spends for both teams.

I am usually the lower player, love trying out new teams, experimenting things, etc, etc. A lot of time im off by maybe 10-30k to purchase something good enough to keep me on par with my opponent. As it is star players have a higher cost than regular players to begin with so trying to play against a team that is skilled out is already an uphill battle, why make it even harder in my opinion...
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it should be:

You get TV difference + any gold you spend

Additionally, for inducement purposes, the TV caps at 2200. Anything higher counts as 2220.

four teams pair up to play. One at TV1800, another 2150, another at 2400, and last team is 2750.

If team 1 plays 2, the inducements are 350k
If team 1 plays 3, the inducements are 400k
If team 1 plays 4, the inducements are 400k
If team 2 plays 3 or 4, the inducements are 50k
If team 3 and 4 play, bonus cash is 0. You get what you buy.

This will A, encourage success and team building without totally screwing the new guy

and B) make sure inducements go to teams that are genuinely new or down on their luck...instead of to the team that cheese monkeys their TV artificially low, exploiting the welfare system.

Last edited by Arktoris on Dec 22, 2017 - 00:55; edited 1 time in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually didn't mind the new BB2016 version myself. It's nice to be able to use your excess gold for something and especially as the underdog, to be able to 'make up the difference' to buy a star, like Buu88 said.

Perhaps a better idea than going back to LRB6 petty cash would be to cap treasury expenditure at 50k per game? That way, it could only be used to buy a babe, card, bribe for Gobbos, or 'making up the difference for the underdog'?

Or, it could be capped at 50k for the TV overdog and 100k for the underdog? Lots of interesting options ... (which I hope GW have thoughtfully considered ..) Wink

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

One way to do it would be:

1) compare TVs. Lower TV team gets handicap equal to difference.
2) Either team may spend money (which adds to any inducement funds from 1, above), but this money goes to both teams.

So a 70k 'dog could induce a Bribe for 30k. But a 50k 'dog would give up a babe/card if he induced a Bribe for 50k. And favorites use the old rules.

But that would be a house rule.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing that I think is worth mentioning here is that, fluff-wise, petty cash is terrible:

So, a Blood Bowl team's Manager decides to try to slip some extra money to the match officials to try to tip the game in their favour and ... they just give the other team exactly the same? Wow. The Blood Bowl match official Union must be the last bastion of integrity in a land torn apart by conflict and corruption! XD

In a dark setting that has so much skulduggery, paying some dirty money to try to throw a BB game in your favour totally fits in. Not every game is necessarily going to be fair! Smile

Buu88

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Another thing that I think is worth mentioning here is that, fluff-wise, petty cash is terrible:

So, a Blood Bowl team's Manager decides to try to slip some extra money to the match officials to try to tip the game in their favour and ... they just give the other team exactly the same? Wow. The Blood Bowl match official Union must be the last bastion of integrity in a land torn apart by conflict and corruption! XD

In a dark setting that has so much skulduggery, paying some dirty money to try to throw a BB game in your favour totally fits in. Not every game is necessarily going to be fair! Smile

Well US football has similar things actually. All Teams get close to the same amount of money to spend. There are a few different factors but for the most they all pool their money together.
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The money transfer might be a double blind...it kinda sounds that way.
 Jump to: