51 coaches online • Server time: 14:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey mate,

I'm new too and just discovered UW and fell in love with them! Currently 9/3/2 so thought I'd give you some stuff I learned the hard way.

Don't fall in love with goblins, they are there to die and they do. But do learn how to Throw Teammate and how to set up a 1 Turner TD, cages can be blasted wide open with a TTM and games can be won on a 1 Turner so love your troll and embrace the randomness.

Upgrades you want Mighty Blow on your Blitzers as soon as, the removals go up a lot and you need to be getting removals to even up the numbers game because you will be losing players. Also consider leader on your throwers at some point for an extra cheap reroll. But generally extra arms or block is my first for them. EA allows them to pick up easier and catch so pass plays become more reliable. As for gobbos I'm still yet to skill but I'll be getting two heads, my gobbos do the dodges now so might as well make it easier. Lineman I make into safetys, wrestle. But you can make them into extra ball handlers or killers if you need to. They are a blank canvass!

Have a bench, I currently have just 1 or maybe 2 gobbos as a bench but it counts a lot when I can go into the second half fully stacked and my opponents can't afford to have a bench. It also means that you can foul freely towards the end of the first if you have players still on the bench for a lucky removal.

Skaven are fast and while there is elf bullshit there is certainly skaven bullshit. Use passes. Throwers have it you might as well use it if you need to move the ball quickly. I like to pick up, throw to a skaven set up wide and run behind with a few other skaven to screen. You have movement use it.

At str3 you are going to struggle with bash games so make sure you get other players in for assists! All your skaven need to be willing to punch, they are a str3 so match most other players so don't be afraid about blocking with them, you need to. The art is not being blocked yourself!

LOS set up for me is goblins and the troll. Never set more than the required 3 on the LOS you are giving away free blocks on defence and with your armour you can't hold up to that.

Use blitzers for blitzing, I never put them on the LOS unless on offence and there is a tasty target set up by my opponent who needs a good block. I set up towards the wide zones and target juicy enemy players sat in the backfield or behind the LOS.

Goblins can dodge. Two heads can dodge really well. Use it. Don't let them take hits when not needed. I like to stand them next to downed opponents to pin them in place for a turn and then dodge away. Don't give up blocks on your players.

Save your apo for skaven players. Don't waste it on a gobbo.

Finally use the pitch. You have movement. Stretch your opponent. Can't find a way through the LOS move the ball from one side to the other, let your opponent over commit and leave gaps and then a simple run, handover and your gone into the corner.

UW are hard and when it goes wrong it can go really wrong but they are fun and can pull off some amazing stuff when it goes right... like your blitzer killing a Ogre...

Have fun Smile
Doofr

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Block and dodge dont serve only in protection, FA in a other hand...and they cost the same tv almost.

Thats why i think there is better skill to choose for Underworld Gobs.

For me really FA is a skill who works fine in large number.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Doofr wrote:

But a roster with 5 or More FA become realy annoying.

Then you are playing vs a 100 TV higher team.
Is that really worth it?
I think not.

Howd that work out in the game I played against you with what, 3 FA players? You were stymied Wink

Yes, cause it was a very low TV game vs my Vampires lacking skills to deal with UW.
It's easy to bully low TV Vampires with UW.
Why are you not #1 in Box with UW with your so effective FA
build? Wink
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=10&r=66
Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2017 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

I've played 96 games with UW on here and probably another 15 or so on TT. Can't stress enough what others have mentioned; UW are a mobility team, they are not cut out to go toe to toe with orcs etc. Mutations make up for all your shortcomings - use them!

For your Blitzers I suggest both go down the killer route of MB, Claw, Tackle, Horns (maybe horns before tackle on one to help vs higher Str). Use them as snipers and pick off what your opponent gives you. Dont go hunting for their best player if leaves your blitzer open to follow up blocks or blitzes. Screen them as neccesary and minimise hits against them. On doubles I'd go for dodge as it'll keep them alive for longer.

Throwers are best as runners. Block, two heads and extra arms are almost a mandatory 1,2,3 skill choice. Allows for a 2+ dodge into an empty square and 2+ reroll ball pickup. After that, horns for blitzing a hole or big hand to secure the ball if under pressure. Again on doubles I'd go for dodge as it'll keep them alive for longer.

Linerats are perfect for wrackle. So I'd go for wrestle, two heads and tackle in that ordering barring doubles(dodge again).

For the troll I previously would have said claw as a first skill but with the new MVP rule he doesnt need cas quite as much to skill up quickly. Now to minimise the number of RS rolls you make I'd go for skills that work even if you dont activate him (not activating him is a valid tactic!), so guard, tentacles and stand firm as a 1,2,3 then claw. Block on doubles.

Goblins tend to die or get injured a lot. In early games a 2-head, big hand gobbo to recover the ball will win you games (been practising with one on TT a lot lately). Try not to skill them if possible as they bloat your TV for not much return. After two heads (and for me disturbing presense) I'd stick them on the LOS. Doubles goes on block to keep them alive. There are a lots of builds you'could' make with your gobbos but mostly those will take some lucky skill rolls and normally are quite niche and rarely worth the return.

General points:

Avoid maintaining contact where possible unless it benefits you to do so. Try to leave your oppo their blitz only if you can.

Screen the Skaven with your gobbos. They're there to get hit and protect your rats - anything else is a bonus.

If your blitzers can remove players great but don't get caught out rerolling block dice if you don't need too - been caught out several times doing that trying to force a cas and ended up losing a blitzer.

MVPs should always go on your troll and blitzers until they get their three skills as mentioned above. Never MVP a gobbo.

Finally I'm nowhere near the best UW player on here but please see the team link below if you want to spec some games. You'll probably see a lot of what not to do! Razz Enjoy UW they are the best race in BB bar none!

http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=877553

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not familiar with the new MVP rule everyone keeps talking about. Is it on PC or just TT? If it's just TT i would still prefer claw on my troll to expedite spp gains. And I have a idea of a niche/offense only Gobbo. (If I can level him to 31 spp) Twoheads, extra arms, and diving catch. Basically make other teams panic due to their ability to score extremely quickly. Has anyone ran that Gobbo build before? Is it effective?

And thanks for the tips everyone!
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

TheTrueBlu wrote:
I'm not familiar with the new MVP rule everyone keeps talking about. Is it on PC or just TT? If it's just TT i would still prefer claw on my troll to expedite spp gains. And I have a idea of a niche/offense only Gobbo. (If I can level him to 31 spp) Twoheads, extra arms, and diving catch. Basically make other teams panic due to their ability to score extremely quickly. Has anyone ran that Gobbo build before? Is it effective?

And thanks for the tips everyone!

MVP rules is you choose 3 players at the end of the match and roll to see which 1 gets the MVP.

As for gobbo build wouldnt that just be a goblin team with 1 less troll and no secret weapons? It would suck until you could scrabble some SPP together! I would happily play that rookie team Wink
TheTrueBlu

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking singular player build. Normal team but placing some extra trust in Gobbos. Only focusing on one to two Gobbos leveling up. One being a cage blitzer and then 2H EA Diving catch to eliminate animosity rolls.
 Jump to: