34 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My first Dark Elf team has rolled +1 Strength on a rookie lineman. Obviously I have taken it as I have no desire to upset Nuffle.

I have 2 questions:

1) What advice would people give for development path for this player? Assuming no doubles I would go Block and Dodge to keep him alive.

2) How would you recommend using this player, now and with skill-ups? A strength 4 ball carrier is very tempting.

Thanks in advance
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Too slow to be a baller. The ideal case is he becomes a blodge guard. You need a double for that obviously.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, tackle or block, dodge.
If you take tackle, them take MB as a double.
If you take dodge, them guard as a double
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hadn't considered the Block, Tackle, MB (hopefully) direction. Fits nicely on a team with limited killing potential.

It looks like Block next then see if a double drops to make him super effective.
Stevar

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

the good thing is you don t need to choose now, block is indeed your next skill.
It will give time to your team to develop and for you to see what you need the most, a Blitzer ( block tackle, maybe strip ball) or for most other cases you 'll go block, dodge.

The question will arise if you get a double, my opinion, you have no guard at all and no S access in skills on any player, so guard will always be useful.
MB is too targetted. I would recommend guard if you get a double for the next 2 skills.

After that you'll see
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for Stevar.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The next regular skills could be Block and Dodge, then Frenzy (with ST 4 he can blitz/block single-handedly most opponents) or Wrestle, Dodge and Leap (ball sacker).
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy is another good option. Would I be duplicating the Witch?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Before deciding the build, wait and see the skill rolls. Smile
kummo

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

+st -> block -> dodge -> sidestep

then tackle and maybe diving tackle

if doubles i'd take actually guard over mb since i like mb on faster pieces (witch or blitzer).. +st with blodgestep AND guard is really annoying for opponent and really useful for you

i usually like dodge before block on most pieces but i feel like +st piece likes block before dodge (can blitz for example)
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a st4 blodge MB line elf, really enjoyed him.

I can't see taking guard on him myself, unless you already have a lot of MB elsewhere. The ability to get a MB blitz without needing assists gives you much more flexibility in your defense I found.

I wouldn't take frenzy on him. Too slow to really be useful, and takes him out of position. But, whatever build you want, he has to live, and you have roll the skills still.

Just enjoy him for now, get block and dodge and then see what happens.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 19:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You played your cards right, Just remember even if the next skill rolls are 6,6 - 5,6 - 4,6 you take all them stats. Its how the best are born and watched. but otherwise I can really only say block is the next regular roll. afterwards see what your team needs.

If you have a ton of guard on your other players then Frenzy it up. If your blitzers are all dead grab dodge or sure hands for a slow ball carrier. you get the picture.
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2017 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the tips guys. The most important being, see what you roll and choose based on your team needs.

May Nuffle bless our block dice.
 Jump to: