30 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bates

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Sorry for the spamming Smile
In a couple of weeks I will be attending my first tournament.
As I see it as a steep learning curve to improve and grow as a coach I was thinking of getting out of my comfort zone, meaning the high MV and AG teams and just try something different this time.

Some of the participating coaches tend to pick a lower ranked tier team to get extra skills and or special skills like mutations etc...

The tournament consists out of a 5 round robin, so I'm not sure which team would last long enough to survive all games.

Any tips on which teams I could consider?
Cheers
Gartch

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

bates wrote:
The tournament consists out of a 5 round robin, so I'm not sure which team would last long enough to survive all games.

Your tournament is not with resurection rules? (=for each match the team are resetted as they were at the beginning of the tournament), most TT tournaments use these rules.
bates

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

We do apply the resurection rules but I noticed that when one player has taken a hit Nuffle is coming back and back again.
bates

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2017 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

But it's also an opportunity to try something new
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2017 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this tabletop?

Wood Elves do well in resurrection tournaments with their leaping shenanigans. Though could be tough if you have never used them. If you get slammed first match you will get all players back and at least play an easier 2nd opponent.
For a first tournament most folks would use something they have experience with. But choose something you think should be fun and at least have a couple of practice matches. Preferably play some tabletop first if you don't normally to get used to all the stuff that normally is automatic. Even just stuff like turning around players after using them.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2017 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's TT, then it also depends on what teams you have available painted up?

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: