42 coaches online • Server time: 15:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It looks as though he has deleted all his teams. Wonder if he'll be back.

Shame - we need more coaches in the US timezone. Catalyst32's post is good though, and I suspect he is right. Site admins that deal with support tickets administer general site issues, but not individual tournaments. Seems like it was probably a misunderstanding by a new player.

Also, just to echo what other people have said in this thread: rage quits and 'dodging' are not at all common on here. I can't even remember the last time it happened to me. Seems like the OP was a little unlucky.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 16:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

One further clarification - although we as security officers have buttons that say "Forfeit Match for Team A or Team B", those do not currently work correctly. The last update broke them. Those buttons now just upload the match with whatever the current score is. Sometimes that makes it tough for us to deliver a fair result for the victim.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a rage concession the other day. But at least the opponent had the good spirit to end the game rather than just walking away. I've found this experience to be more typical, as a rage-inducing coach. Actual quits like OP's situation are unusual enough, and it looks like this one was handled badly by the admin.

Why was the "award concession" option for admins disabled, anyway? EDIT: question answered by Kryten as I was writing. Hopefully this gets sorted out.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

cmok wrote:
I haven't been here very long, but is this the norm?

No, I believe this is rare. Although I recall a great contributor to the site quit Fumbbl after a similar unfortunate (unfair) incident some 5 years ago. I can promise you though, that if you decide to stick around, you will overall find Fumbbl to be one of the best gaming communities on the net.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It looks as though he has deleted all his teams. Wonder if he'll be back.

this seems lke an overreaction, somewhat

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a quitter's loophole like this should be fixed as the programming priority. A shame Cmok left because of it. Hopefully he will return. I can see that being given a defeat when your opponent disappears would be about the most annoying thing you could have happen here. Particularly before he has been around long enough to get a big attachment to the site.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

He did not leave because of it.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2018 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, well good to know it wasn't the bug that made him leave.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
OK, well good to know it wasn't the bug that made him leave.

It was probably the recent lack of pie.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Would dodging a unstarted black box game for four days be worse than what happened to Cmok?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2018 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

DonnyRainboe wrote:
Would dodging a unstarted black box game for four days be worse than what happened to Cmok?

i would say no, as it doesn't affect a result.

still annoying tho.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
He did not leave because of it.

How do you know? Did he say so? Maybe I missed it. Do you know him? Does anyone?

COMMUNITY ALERT: If you play Blood Bowl elsewhere look for this guy and ask him to return to at least read MY long ass post that most likely explains what went wrong.
If he understands that he fell through a completely avoidable gap (if you understand it) in FUMBBL Site Government he may return to help FUMBBL grow (which is an issue to some recently).
But if nothing else he might not have the bad experience that would led him to tell every other nerd he knows about how horrible things are here.

PLUS... the feedback Kryten added is good to know in this case. THAT could have been the issue entirely as well.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well after OP's post I spectated a few of his matches and he seemed to be getting frustrated, so I would suspect that to be the reason.

Catalyst32 wrote:
...that he fell through a completely avoidable gap (if you understand it) in FUMBBL Site Government ...if nothing else he might not have the bad experience that would led him to tell every other nerd he knows about how horrible things are here.

I forget what axe you're grinding here, but:

-FUMBBL is a community, not some Government and the admins do a great job imo

- things are hardly horrible here - quite the opposite as I quite enjoy it.
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I've had some bad luck with admins: one cancelled a league game that was merely supposed to be reset, which caused a lot of headaches for the league admins, and recently one told me he would get back to me ASAP over another ticket and then I never heard from him again, but deleting all your teams seems a bit extreme.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who had a similar experience I can tell you that if you are trying to get a hold of the interface, the "bureaucracy" (for lack of a better word), and then on top of it, you have a bad experience with an individual (or group of individuals), you may decide that you can get your Blood Bowl elsewhere. There is a fairly steep learning curve to the user interface here and add personality issues to that (on both sides) and people give up.

Jump to: