47 coaches online • Server time: 15:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MorMac77

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a human team I wanted to develop as a running/bash team, but have an AG4 thrower. Start working on the passing game, or something else?
shalin

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

pretty new human coach myself. I
also have an ag4 thrower, i think it's more like a 'real' possibility of a pass changing your play. you'd need a few more skills before its effective. That said i wish i had accurate on him too - his first skill was block, 2nd +ag. if/when you get accurate and a decent catcher (diving or +ag) then the threat is real.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You can continue on that path even with an AG4 thrower. Block/Tackle as a base for any positional is good. With AG4 they should be able to get there a bit faster. From there you have tons of utility options - Leader, Kick, HMP (for clearing the ball out on defense if you pick up), Kick Off Return.

I think the impetus for taking throwing skills though should be catchers/blitzers giving you the best odds on the receiving end. If you have an AG4 Catcher maybe consider Accurate. You'll be able to play your offensive blocks more around the middle of the field while begging for the opponent to send a body or two downfield to get after the Thrower and then work around those sackers accordingly - including throwing a long 3+ pass to a catcher in a relatively good spot.
MorMac77

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag4+accurate+NoS could be pretty darn useful, essentially making every one of your players a potential catcher.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2018 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well with ag3 catchers they would still need 3+ to catch. But ag4 is definitely excellent for your Thrower doing pickups, dodges and the occasional quick pass. AG4 for a carrier is perhaps the most beneficial improvement an ag3 team can get. I really miss my ag4 Ghouls from Undead.
Definitely take Block after ag4. Dodge is a good double. Tackle is an alternative normals option to Accurate to make him a sweeper on defence.
This guy has move 7 too so he is like a blitzer on defence as well as being a good carrier.
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8796523

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2018 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Take block on your next normal roll. It's a good defensive skill for a passer to help keep a hold of the ball, and also gives him something to do on defense. Going all in on passing is a bit premature when you don't have any good catchers. So, it's probably time to get one. They're a big help even if you're focused on the running game; MA8 gives you a lot of 1TT potential and having a super mobile roaming assist is a huge help.

Once you have a couple skills on your catcher, then it's time to start thinking about more catchers and more passing skills for your thrower.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2018 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Accurate, KoR, Strong Arm double, with Diving Catch first skill on a catcher, you'll soon have a team that can run and bash and do a 24-square 2+ 2+ ball movement in one turn.

Just pretend he's got ST 1 and AV 5 and don't put him in contact with anything ever.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2018 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny how one game can answer a question...got MAULED last game, and with the clock ticking down, needed a desperation play to preserve a 1-0 win. I did the dumb thing (tried to get the ball to my ogre; I had a RR and was running out of bodies)...what I SHOULD have done was "punt"...chuck the ball downfield and make him chase after it. In that case, accurate would have been ideal. Throwing a long bomb on 4+ with a RR...not guaranteed, but could have won the game.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2018 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea. Though that sort of position won't crop up every game.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2018 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The passing game is generally not what you want to base your tactics around, especially with humans. That being said it is a useful tool to have as even the threat of it can open up possibilities and help utilise your high MA.

AG4 is great on throwers, his first normal skill should be block to keep him alive and make him useful he doesn't have the ball. The only passing skill I'd take would be accurate as all the others are not really worth it. Aside from those tackle can be nice, along with kick, kick off return or even strip ball.

For doubles take dodge as it great with AG4, if you get another either Guard or MB is good. Strong arm is garbage and a waste of a double.

Jump to: