36 coaches online • Server time: 09:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Shall we make such a tournament?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Feinn_Warrior

Post 18 Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

There are so many players claiming they are unlucky (yes i admit i am one of them). But looking at my stats and procrastinating about my last games i think i am entitled to feel so. In Real Life Games i am not near as unlucky.

So how about creating a tournament only for players whose stats are for BH, SI and Kills at -100 Minimum.

The guy with most casulties will get a prize for being the most unlucky player on Fumbbl, the Winner is deemed not an unlucky person anymore...

Anyone interested?
tmoila

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be interesting. However what this kind of tournament needs is:

-Inverse progression, losers get into the next round, winners are dropped out
-Some incentive to win the game of course, because otherwise there will be just a race to the bottom with intentional bad playing

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think loser should progress. Maybe make a draft out of the losers for a second torunament. Unluckiest player will be the one suffering the most casualties.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

That is a good idea Feinn.

By the way Feinn Warrior I notice in your last match your opponent had 69 blocks which is a huge amount. Also 12 of your blocks were 1db and one was -2db. Tough to do well with that! Smile . Roll distribution looks ok. Then the game before that your opponent had skaven and did 54 blocks. The one you won before that your opponent did more than you with 50. The loss before that Elves did 52 on you. Maybe you are leaving too many players in base contact. The high standard on FUMBBL sometimes makes people think they are unlucky, though granted some horrendous matches do happen. Runs of snakes and such.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You will no doubt have games where you 'dice' your opponent. In blood bowl, as in life, it is always easier to remember the bad than the good.
Garyt1 makes an interesting point, and you should look at what you can chnge.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

There is the law of the average, playing 1000 matches will even out after time, the more you are playing the more the dices will even out on to the average.
Thats why I dont think a tournament like you suggest is possible, because every entrant will be those guys that "feel" they are unlucky, but in fact they are just playing bad.
Granted, there will always be those games you actually are unlucky, but that doesnt mean you always will be unlucky!
Basing a tournament on the emotion of feeling unlucky is just wrong, people should use more reason than that. Better to admit that you havent been playing well recently, and try to change something, than blame the dice.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I qualify. Never felt particularly unlucky but I guess I'd be up for it.
 Jump to: