34 coaches online • Server time: 02:39
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Stuck on resume gamegoto Post BBQ (BloodBowl QuÃ...goto Post Golem Teams
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212



Joined: Feb 26, 2013

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
I'll just leave this here Laughing


I am so pissed off I missed the announcement for this one.

Like, I don't get mad easily. I get animated, colorful, loud, outspoken etc etc at the drop of a hat but mad...nah (That avatar isn't just a fun meme, it's truth, but ya'll probably just thought "T just being silly again".)

But I am seriously mad about missing the Helf XFL.

I so badly wanted to kick Ranked Helf in the groin.
Cloggy



Joined: Sep 23, 2004

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It comes down to what Happygrue said earlier. Catalyst is clueless about Box and JellyBelly is clueless about Ranked.

Yes, you have to play all comers in the Box, but at least you don't need to take a constant stream of disadvantageous matchups or choose a suboptimal team build just because otherwise you will not get games.

Both systems are open to exploits and therefore in an online gaming environment will get exploited. Claiming "the other lot" have an unfair advantage for 15 pages is not only nonsense but also bad for the community as a whole.

So, can we PLEASE stop this whole B vs R nonsense for once and all?

_________________
mmmmmmmmmmm... Bloodbowl.........
paradocks



Joined: Jun 14, 2004

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The way it seems to me.. this isn't about B coaches vs R coaches, but rather an objection to major tournaments being merged on a whim.

I have no preference for either division as I enjoy playing in both, and have greatly enjoyed playing majors in both divisions. Though I strongly feel this tourney merger is a terrible move
Motskari



Joined: Dec 03, 2005

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Both systems are open to exploits and therefore in an online gaming environment will get exploited. Claiming "the other lot" have an unfair advantage for 15 pages is not only nonsense but also bad for the community as a whole.

So, can we PLEASE stop this whole B vs R nonsense for once and all?


Seconded.

And the funny thing here is that if thread gets 15 more pages, decision about letting both R and B to majors still apllies. Peace!
JellyBelly



Joined: Jul 08, 2009

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
JellyBelly is clueless about Ranked ..


Would you care to expand on that? I've played hundreds of games in Ranked since I joined the site many years ago, both open and in tournaments. How am I clueless?

_________________
"Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got them and they all stink." - The protagonist, Fallout 2

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Cloggy



Joined: Sep 23, 2004

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I stand corrected. I guess you just sounded clueless Smile

_________________
mmmmmmmmmmm... Bloodbowl.........
Christer



Joined: Aug 02, 2003

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 16:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Fun fact about this thread. Over 50% (111 of 216) of the posts in here are written by 5 people.
Balle2000



Joined: Sep 25, 2008

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder how big a share that is from coaches using the site monthly.

Edit: Actually there are stats for this. Looks like that would be 5/1170 coaches = 0.4%. Not counting those who accessed the site without playing a game.
Verminardo



Joined: Sep 27, 2006

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

WO drawn yesterday night and still no matches played? Maybe the changes don't go far enough...
Bazakastine



Joined: Mar 21, 2014

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Draw happened this morning (server time) because they needed Christer to open it up to box teams I think. So everything got delayed a bit. Noone could schedule a game for today yesterday and NA coaches couldnt get a game in last night.
SzieberthAdam



Joined: Aug 31, 2008

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Fun fact about this thread. Over 50% (111 of 216) of the posts in here are written by 5 people.


And I believe that only mrt1212 have been participated in at least 10 official tournaments in the past year among them.

_________________
"I love him who is ashamed when the dice fall in his favour, and who then asketh: 'Am I a dishonest player?' - for he is willing to succumb."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra, Zarathustra's Discourses, 4.
MattDakka



Joined: Oct 09, 2007

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:

And I believe that only mrt1212 have been participated in at least 10 official tournaments in the past year among them.

I didn't participate in 10 official tournaments, but I participated in the last FC, did you?
I played way more games on FUMBBL than you, by the way.

_________________
Please vote the Diving Catch and Break Tackle/Diving Tackle bug reports, thanks!
mrt1212



Joined: Feb 26, 2013

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
SzieberthAdam wrote:

And I believe that only mrt1212 have been participated in at least 10 official tournaments in the past year among them.

I didn't participate in 10 official tournaments, but I participated in the last FC, did you?
I played way more games on FUMBBL than you, by the way.


I wonder if there was something more important to him or something...

Also, how could you miss a point this badly?


Last edited by mrt1212 on Jan 18, 2018 - 19:32; edited 1 time in total
JellyBelly



Joined: Jul 08, 2009

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Fun fact about this thread. Over 50% (111 of 216) of the posts in here are written by 5 people.


I think it's natural for a discussion like this to be somewhat dominated by those that feel most passionately about it. It would be nice to hear from a wider range of people though.

_________________
"Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got them and they all stink." - The protagonist, Fallout 2

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Bazakastine



Joined: Mar 21, 2014

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the thing. If you were passionate about tourneys you would have played in more of them. The conversation is dominated by people with strong opposing views the don't conform to the change. Your argument is at least fairly logical even if I disagree with it. Catalyst on the other hand is arguing things that have little to do with this change.

I do say lets see how box teams do. I think they have been a bit slower to adjust to the post-CRP ruleset. In general bloat is fine now because without wizards there are not super powerful inducements so you are seeing teams go to 16 players and 5-6 rerolls more often which is causing a huge TV bump that is just a reaction to the change in rules.

The other thing is this the last time i checked (which was before all teams applied so it could have changed) 28% of the teams applied were box teams. 24% of the top 25 teams in TV at the time were box teams. (and there was Jos's lizards down below that due to MNGs but his team is actually tied for first in TW which would have made it 28% of the top 25) In practice it seems like box teams populate the high TV teams in this tourney at a proportional rate to the amount of teams applied which would say that box teams should not have a problem growing to similar sizes to ranked teams and this is even further proven if you consider that mrt sent his ranked High Elves instead of his 2580 TW box high elves that are stuck in a smack also Malmir sent his ranked lizards instead of his 2610TV Nurgle because of that poll he did. There are huge teams in box and what they have in common is deep benches and lots of rerolls just like their ranked counterparts. If the data says that box is producing a similar number of super high TV teams to the amount of teams they sending total than saying its too hard to build high TV box teams is flawed.

Also pointing out Kfogeds high Elves is funny as if you look at his recent games before the tourney i see khemri twice i see some orcs i see Lizards I see humans twice (who match up well with elves. He has played orcs 130 times out of his 158 games. Humans 115. Chaos 157. Yes he has played Wood elves 236 and Dark Elves 245 but this is a guy who just plays elf ball and his 3rd most played team is chaos and he has over 1500 games. He isnt pimping his team for 1 tourney. This is what he plays. Now maybe I misunderstood that link but id like to again point out the mrt has a box high elf team with a TW 170 higher than the Nandorians. So box can make similar teams.
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits