67 coaches online • Server time: 22:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which roster would you reccomend?
Balls to the wall aggression!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Slow and steady wins the race!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Obligatory pie option
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

McLovin

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I'm going to be playing high elves for the first time (ever) and am debating between 2 different starting rosters. I was hoping to get some input from the community and more experienced coaches to help with this decision. High elves need some more love in this community and I'm hoping to give it to 'em!

The situation: 10 game league followed by a KO tournament. Final league standings determine seeding for the tournament.

The two builds I'm considering are as follows:

Aggressive build
2 x Blitzer
1 x Thrower
2 x Catcher
6 x Linemen
2 x RR

This seems to be a more aggressive, high scoring team which could help me get those early skills in easier and get me off to a good start. Buuut, having both AV7 positionals could also lead to disaster if I get early injuries and have to rebuild. The positionals are quite expensive and there may not be enough time to fully recuperate from early losses with this build.

Safer build
2 x Blitzer
1 x Thrower/Catcher
8 x Linemen
3 x RR

This build seems slower but tougher, having AV8 across the team (not the best but better than AV7!). It would also allow the line elves to get some spp
and some early skills before introducing the catchers to the roster. Idk if this is too slow of a build for a 10 game league however, since HEs are plagued with alack of starting skills. Starting with a thrower seems fluffier (since HEs are known for their throwers) and can also open up the long pass game (if needed). Starting with a catcher would help with the farm/vanity passes and give the team some extra movement. If you prefer this build please also give your opinion on the thrower/catcher decision.

Thoughts? Opinions? Demands for more pie?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2018 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This:
2 x Blitzer
1 x Catcher (because most of times you will be playing a running game, so you need a fast ball carrier and MA 8 opens up 1TTD possibility)
8 x Linemen
3 x RR (because HE lack core skills)
details5252

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2018 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
This:
2 x Blitzer
1 x Catcher (because most of times you will be playing a running game, so you need a fast ball carrier and MA 8 opens up 1TTD possibility)
8 x Linemen
3 x RR (because HE lack core skills)

Agree completely. In a 10 game one off league, the 3 RR will be key. Catcher over Thrower 100 times out of 100.
Fool

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2018 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd team build with the Catcher. for all the reasons already listed.
McLovin

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys!
 Jump to: