74 coaches online • Server time: 21:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EpicalOne

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to the CAROLINA BEDLAM CUP this Saturday and I need some advice.

This will be my first resurrection/reset tournament.
I am planning on using my wood elf.

The tournament runs a 3 game Swiss style tourney Points will be W=30 T=10 L=0 with bonus points for casualties
and touchdowns.
BONUS POINTS
a) Won by 2+Touchdowns: +10pts
b) Lost by only 1 Touchdown: +10pts
c) Caused 2 or more casualties from blocking than opponent: +10pts
d) Caused 1 more casualty from blocking than opponent: +5pts
e) If you reach 7 casualties on opponent from blocking, fouling, pushing out of bounds, or any other
way then you get: +15pts

1,20o,ooo Team Value, in addition to that … For skill selection each team will have a gold budget (150k) for
skills and inducements.
ï‚· 20k for normal,
ï‚· 30k for doubles
ï‚· NO STAT ADJUSTMENTS
ï‚· Limited - 2 skills per player.

I am planning on running *edited after suggestions*
2 X RR
1 X Apothecary
1 X Strip ball WarDancer
1 X MB + Tackle WarDancer
2 X block on Catcher
1 X Tree
1 X Leader on Thrower
1 X kick on lineman
5 X lineman

I really like the idea of Frenzy + Tackle WarDancer...?

Some friend suggest me no Tree... is that good advice?

1 Catcher or 2? I am used to playing with 1. but most high value team runs 2...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rules: http://www.essentialmedia1.org/Bedlam%20Cup%20FINAL-1.pdf

Also could I get some supported answers answer please. Thank you.

Last edited by EpicalOne on %b %02, %2018 - %01:%Feb; edited 4 times in total
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

block on tree?
guard on something?
mb always good

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

With 1200 I would definitely get a tree. No skill needed on the tree though imo. 50 k for a MB Block or MB Tackle Wardancer with him you blitz every turn and hide again, no need to leap. if you both get down in numbers woodies win easily.
Then stirp and leader thrower, for the rest I would just get maybe 1 block catcher and 2 dodge linos. if you get leader maybe lose 1 rr and take a 12th player?
juck101

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle wd instead of frenzy I recon. The mirror match ag sides are tough without tackle. Also if you blow away 5 tds game one you are bound to face ag next.

I would swap the kick to a lino as you dont want them targeted ideally. Swap tree skill for another block catcher skill. 4 blodge ideally more, strip, kick, tackle and rr are all I would use
EpicalOne

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So I decided on kick on lineman, and Leader on Thrower.
I am thinking between those.

1 X Frenzy + MB WD, 1 X SB + tackle WD, Block on Catcher.
1 X Frenzy + MB WD, 1 X SB WD, Grab on Tree, Block on Catcher
1 X Tackle + MB WD, 1 X SB WD, 2X Block on Catcher
1 X Tackle + MB WD, 1 X SB WD, Grab on Tree, Block on Catcher.

Frenzy could let me surf much easier, but I have little to no practice using it.
MB + tackle blitz then hide sounds good, With leader trading a RR for a 12th player also sounds good to me.
Keothi

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, Tackle wardancer is golden. Keep him central and covered so that he isn't placed in base to base contact with the other team's players. You need to choose where he goes freely and he creates a threat to either sideline. He's your best chance to sack a Blodge ball carrier and take him down. You need tackle to negate the dodge and frenzy gives you two hits, if you get pushback on the first hit, accept it and try again. If you really need him down and the second hit is also only a pushback that's when you weigh up the RR burn option to try for a POW or Defender Stumbles... I have also saved a game using frenzy to double pushback a ball carrier out of TD range on their last turn =)

Always expect the first hit with Frenzy to result in a pushback and be prepared so that your assist is there for the second hit. Be wary of Frenzy against sidestep players or "Frenzy Traps" where the only pushback is back between two enemy players and then the second hit becomes -2D (common pitfalls for Frenzy rookies). Look for chain-push/block opportunities with regular players that then bring an opposing player within Frenzy double push into the crowd. A player can look safe, 3 or 4 squares off and quite easily get nudged within surfing range.

I wouldn't bother with Grab on the Tree, preference MB or another tackler. I would also suggest DP on a line elf, or a Wrestle line-elf vs block. Your side benefits from creating holes in the opponent's line and exploiting that gap. Wrestle is great for that.
 Jump to: