39 coaches online • Server time: 16:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should my LOS Lineelf (HE) take +AG as a first skill?
1) +AG (Don't turn down Nuffle's Gifts)
78%
 78%  [ 61 ]
2) Block (He's meant to take hits on the LOS, at least equip him to survive)
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
3) Dodge (Elves should always take Dodge before Block anyway)
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
4) Wrestle (Better to lay down than get knocked down)
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
5) Something else?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6) OPO (Obligatory Pie Option)
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 78

Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2017 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking +Ag and buying another lino is adding a lot of TV for very little benefit.
If you don't bench him on defense he will be on the LOS, either way his +AG is wasted.

+Ag is much better on a player who already has skills, at least Dodge, if he had skills i would say for for the +Ag.
If it was a rookie team who could afford to keep him off the LOS but on the pitch i would say go for the +Ag.

It is odd that there is so much agreement on such a mediocre skill pick.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2017 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking the +AG is of minimal benefit right now, but it's an investment. Unless you already have at least two +AG players, I would never pass up an opportunity to get AG 5 on an elf team. And having it as the first skill lets you plan his entire development around it.

The 13th man takes the +AG Lino off the LoS, but also (more importantly, really) provides a deeper bench for matches against high-TV bash teams, which is a very great benefit.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2017 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think having and AG5 vs. not having an AG5 is a huuuge difference for any Agility team. You do have a very nice AG5 Catcher but it can't hurt to have a contingency plan. AG5 Blodge Sure Hands Lino sounds appealing to me. With 4 Catchers that's a lot of players to protect though, can't field them all at the same time I guess. Need more bench! I would normally suggest 14 players, although your league doesn't seem to be too deadly.
kummo

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2017 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mossbeard wrote:
Taking +Ag and buying another lino is adding a lot of TV for very little benefit.
If you don't bench him on defense he will be on the LOS, either way his +AG is wasted.

For FEW games. If one gets naked +ag elf on team, you will want to feed him TD's and do passingplays on backfield (and nominate mvp to).

Sure, he isn't that useful NOW but taking +ag isn't planning next game or next 2 games. Taking +ag is planning in long run.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2017 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, but how does this feeding of TDs to a slow player with no other skills impact your ability to actually win?

So if you don't care about winning and just want to feed TDs to him, great. If you do care about winning... your just handicapped yourself.

I'm not saying I would take kick, but that team NEEDS kick.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2017 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you necessarily need to feed him TDs every game, especially with the new MVP rules. Just put him in the 'MVP pool' and he'll have another couple of skills before you know it.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a scheduled league with only 1 game per month (aside from a tournament in Jan.), so I must care about winning rather than just developing players. I agree about kick, but I lost my Legend Catcher with Kick a while back. It'll probably be the next skill pick on my thrower.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an AG 5 lineman on my Box HE team and I had doubts about taking it. He got it after the very first game of the team and (obviously) as a first skill. Took him 17 games to finally learn Dodge as a second skill (before the new MVP rule). He was often a target (but maybe even a good bait thereby), but he survived. Last match he totally won me the game by dodging through several tackle zones and surfing the ball-carrying skink (a bold move, but pretty much the only option I had before he could build a solid cage). Later he picked the ball up in two tacklezones (I don't have any other AG+ or Sure Hands player) and thereby retrieved it.

Any doubts are gone by now. Very Happy

I'm not saying he might not have hampered my team (though I did no extra efforts to protect him) or that I might not have been better off with plain Dodge (and by now Blodge) - but he IS useful, adds something special to the team and (maybe most importantly) is fun! Smile

Only playing one game per month is not much though. He'll probably be that plain 6 3 5 8 guy for quite some time. I'm not sure if I had the patience.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

AG5 elves are amazing. I have 3 of them on this team and I wouldn't think twice about taking a 4th. Tackle zones just don't exist any more and it's amazing the bs they can pull off ... (the AG5 thrower with a 2+ Safe Throw roll is nice too) Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2017 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok.. so the conundrum continues...

The AG 5 lineelf rolls Doubles for skill 2? Now what?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2017 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard

Have a similar Wood Elf lineman with +AG and Guard, worth it, till he dies or skills twice more
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2017 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Can go guard and then leap for the put my guard anywhere on a 2+.

Of course with no block or dodge or sidestep he's going to take a beating, but eh, might as well go all in on him at this point.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2017 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The epic team goes on. Is seasonal rebuy in effect?
As you can nominate mvps now I think Guard too and hope makes it to 31 quick. Try easy tds with him.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok.. so an update on Ilphas.. He now has +AG, Guard, and Block. But he's also incurred a -MA and a Niggling Injury (Been a rough couple of games for him).

So...Keep him? or Can him?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

YEEEEEEESSSSSS STAT FREAKS 4EVAAAA

Jump to: