48 coaches online • Server time: 15:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
sikosyko wrote:
I guess 2 dice blocks with block and rerolls are risky on here lol.Anyway thanks for the "help" much appreciated.

whenever you roll dice you are assuming risk.

And Nuffle doesn't owe you for doing the least risky things or making your opponent do the most risky.
sikosyko

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Last thing i will say i guess gpope looked at results rather than actually watch the game i did have 3 consecutive 2 dice blocks with rerolls fail.For those that are mathematically challenged that is 12 consecutive skulls.Thats 4 skulls per blitzer.Besides numerous 1 dice skulls but by then games was gone i had to take chances.Sad that you think that you can read into the game thru stats without knowing the context of what happened.Either way i can theres no "help to be had here but i would like to know how you pull up match reports like what purplechest said.Ican only find a way to pull up last games.I simply asked why the dice rolls on here are so bad never seen this bad rolls on ps4 or real games and for the last time player skill is irrelevant to rolling dice anybody can roll dice i did my 1st game you did too.Goodluck to all just wanted to know whats up with the dice and i get this crap.Maybe if you read some of the posts you would have seen some acknowledge something might be wrong by saying it will be fixed in update somebody saying it might be linked to what browser i use.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Good grief man, you actually think the dice gods are against you? The dice are rolled securely, on the server. No one has entered your user ID to get the superbad dice that we save for... those guys.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Woooooah!

Ok, people have tried to help you by pointing stuff out to you. It seems to be that you are not prepared to listen/take on board/etc. what is being said.

gpope will have watched the game as you can watched a replay. Click on the green circle next to the game on your matches page. This will bring up the match report page.

No one is trying to flame you here. It's just that we have seen it many times before.

You are very much welcome to the site and you will find it amazing when you have played more.

I will watch the replay now and look out for double skulls four times in a row.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

sikosyko wrote:
Last thing i will say i guess gpope looked at results rather than actually watch the game i did have 3 consecutive 2 dice blocks with rerolls fail.For those that are mathematically challenged that is 12 consecutive skulls.Thats 4 skulls per blitzer.Besides numerous 1 dice skulls but by then games was gone i had to take chances.Sad that you think that you can read into the game thru stats without knowing the context of what happened.Either way i can theres no "help to be had here but i would like to know how you pull up match reports like what purplechest said.Ican only find a way to pull up last games.I simply asked why the dice rolls on here are so bad never seen this bad rolls on ps4 or real games and for the last time player skill is irrelevant to rolling dice anybody can roll dice i did my 1st game you did too.Goodluck to all just wanted to know whats up with the dice and i get this crap.Maybe if you read some of the posts you would have seen some acknowledge something might be wrong by saying it will be fixed in update somebody saying it might be linked to what browser i use.

2 things

1. People saying update your browser are making a joke. That was not in earnest.

2. Consider for a second that maybe it isn't crap.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I just watched this entire game: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3963218

As gpope no doubt did.

You rolled double skulls with a blitzer on 2d a grand total of ONCE. Which you rerolled into bothdown/push.

Every other skull or skull rr skull was a 1d or a loner ogre block. Other failed blocks were without block and were bothdown fails too. Not consecutive skulls.

Are these improbable? Not really. Your risk management is suspect.

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on Feb 05, 2018 - 09:59; edited 2 times in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

@sikoskyo:

I've just reviewed that game and counted each and every skull you rolled. What gpope said was correct - the worst run of skulls you had was 3 in a row. That happened twice, which is a bit unlucky, but again, bad luck happens. Apart from that, I saw the typical stuff I see from new players, where they make too many 1-dice blocks and burn through their rerolls too fast.

It may have seemed worse to you at the time, because of perception bias (basically what mrt1212 said).

(btw, your opponent should probably be flagged for his player names ..)

(btw2, you can find links to your past matches under 'Matches' on the 'More' dropdown on your coach page)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Throweck

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have watched it. Ok, I'll try to help.

There were not 12 skulls in a row. You were unlucky at the beginning as gpope said.

I'm not going to list about how to play better as you need to accept that you need to play better first. Without that major step, nothing will change.

I know, I have been where you have. It must be rigged, etc. Truth is, it wasn't. I was just crap. Took a while but I'm getting better.

It isn't the rng. You have bad runs. I played a game today where I rolled three 1s in a row for foul appearance. it happens. Ask coaches that play Ogres!

Like I said before, people ARE trying to help. I just don't think you are ready to take it on board yet. Been there too.

You will achieve BB enlightenment soon.

As an aside...I HAVE seen dice like that on PS4 and TT both for myself and my opponent.

If you would like to send a pm I am more than happy to help out that way if you prefer.

T

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

sikosyko wrote:
Last thing i will say i guess gpope looked at results rather than actually watch the game i did have 3 consecutive 2 dice blocks with rerolls fail.For those that are mathematically challenged that is 12 consecutive skulls.Thats 4 skulls per blitzer.Besides numerous 1 dice skulls but by then games was gone i had to take chances.Sad that you think that you can read into the game thru stats without knowing the context of what happened.

I did watch the whole game and at no point did you fail even one 2 die block with a reroll (you did have an ogre roll double skulls and blow a loner roll, but that's still only 2 skulls, on a player that would have failed on a both down anyhow.)

Honestly, I have no idea what the point of lying about your luck in videogames to try to score sympathy points is supposed to be. If that's your idea of a good time, have fun I guess, but you're not going to change anyone's mind by making stuff up.
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have only played here for 2-3 years or so, and I have had a few people telling me that they think the RNG is bad, or that they are quitting because of it. I would say you need a very large number of games to determine if this is true. I have started a database that records the dice stats generated by Candlejack's code for my games. So far I have the data from 150 games. On 19'763 single D6 I have 3329 1's (16.84%), 3219 2's (16.29%), 3465 3's (17.53%), 3257 4's (16.48%), and 3260 6's (16.50%). On 12'012 Block dice I have 2078 Skulls (17.3%), 1963 Both Downs (16.34%), 3971 Pushes (33.06%), 1995 Push/Pows (16.61%), and 2005 Pows (16.69%). As you can see, the distribution is pretty near to what one might expect, with the only slight problem being a tendency towards 3's on the D6 and Skulls on the Block Dice. But, like I said, it is a pretty tiny sample compared to the massive amount of dice rolled on FUMBBL. I would expect that as I enter more games the distribution may even out more, but theoretically this should not be expected, as a good RNG does not have a perfectly even distribution.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I once won a season of OBBA when my opponent rolled triple skull, rr, triple skull in T16 on a Mummy-blitz trying to stop me scoring.

These dice decided a 3 month-long season.

Consider yourself lucky in comparison.

Also, it was very funny. How we both laughed*

* Seraphimred may not have laughed as much as I did**

** actually, we were both pretty much shocked into silence. But then we laughed. And he cried. A bit.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

after looking at your games, I wonder...
maybe you might consider joining the 145 Club?

pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish to move 3 camels with Top Packers.

--

My Bad! Was confusing nonsense threads for a moment.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 22:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So I went and had a look at this game:
HERE

And the dice stats agree you had some bad rolls, definitely heavy at the 1-3 end on d6's. But so did your opponent. in fact his dice profiles are slightly worse.

Of course raw rolls dont tell the story so i had a look at the replay, I have over 5000 games here and while I still have a lot to learn, I am Ok at BloodBowl i think, so I'll try and see what going on, see if I can help:

turn one he gets the ball and doesnt really defend it properly. You take one action, a big guy block, then try a -2die on the ball carrier, there were easy assists to turn it to one die without risk, but you went ahead at -2, no one in place to sweep up the ball or cover the fail. You get lucky and get 2 both down, could have been worse, and if you'd set everyone else well first, could be a good result. he has no choice despite choosing and down you both go.

He grabs the ball back up and again his ball cover is weak, despite you moving no one at all to cover the very likely fail of your -2 die assult. He gets some lucky 1 die pows and its your turn. Despite his turn going well there is an easy 2 die on the ball carrier with one catcher dodge, but you go the other way and assist with the lineman and gfi for a one die hit with the str2 catcher, get a 1 on the gfi and a skull on the hit. two 1's in 3 dice is unlucky, but the plan is terrible.

He could surf the lineman near the ball and stall up pretty much for ever. but he doesnt do either he just scores.

your drive, turn 3, loads of time: after poor set ups from both of you a rock stuns one each and you begin. With a one die blitz. Without getting the ball, protecting the ball or assisting that blitz. Skulls, turn over, and likely drive over. This is a very very basic error, read any guide anywhere to Blood Bowl and getting 2 dice on blocks and blitzes is lesson 1. Its how it is done.

He messes up getting to the easy ball, tries some one dies and fails. And frankly you look good start of 4, ball is retrievable and he's all over the place. You've burned your rerolls, but if you take it nice and safe..a big guy hit? before anyone moves? ok, i guess, with rerolls gone big guys are no riskier than anyone else, but tis not a great habit. Blitzers have block, they fail a 2 die only 1 in 36 time. Ok, one hit, but now we secure the ball right?.... and.... one die block. Skull. turn over. thrower, with his sure hands, yet to move, let alone get near ball. Which sits in one tz each, but its his go. Blitzer at the back not moved, could easily have put a tz on the ball at least.

he gets the ball, because no one is THAT bad that he's going to mess that up twice. But he leaves it easy to hit and doesnt do much else positive.

turn 5. need to get the ball, it's in ghoul hands and he has dodge. blitzer can assist the thrower for 2 die no gfi, but thrower has no block. thrower can assist the blitzer for 2 die with block, but thats a gfi. tough choice. You go for option 3, thrower blitzes alone for a blockless one die on a dodger (1 in 6 pow, 3 in 6 push, 2 in 6 you are down).and its a skull. (the next dice shown, the armour roll, was a 6. (it SO doesnt work that way, but if you thought it did that meant 2 die powed him, without block)

So, he's going to score turn 6 before anything else, not risking his lone reroll. You're 2-0 down, having failed a lot of 1 die's. Which absolutely was unlucky. But none of them needed to be 1 die. Each could have been 2. And I am too depressed by both sides play to watch more.

It isn't the dice dude. With all due respect, it's you.

Spectate, watch, read, lose, learn, get better.

Good Luck.

Last edited by PurpleChest on Feb 04, 2018 - 23:29; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ sounds like 2 blind children flailing around randomly

nice analysis, PC

Jump to: