23 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it normal that u can type in any amount of Gold you want to get as an inducement in league matches or is that a bug?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

lawofthewest wrote:
Is it normal that u can type in any amount of Gold you want to get as an inducement in league matches or is that a bug?

It is not a bug that it is allowed.

It used to be a bug that the whole of Fummbl crashed if you entered too much. Wink

Don't try it, just in case...

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="koadah"]
lawofthewest wrote:

too late.

But anyway, do I have to ask my opponent if I can add 5 million? or can I do it? logic tells me that you should ask first before adding tons of inducement money...
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you asking whether you should ask before exploiting something to have an unfair advantage over your opponent?
Next!
Smile
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
Are you asking whether you should ask before exploiting something to have an unfair advantage over your opponent?
Next!
Smile

what do u mean "unfair"? if he doesn't mind, it's not unfair.
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

A) Whether someone minds or not doesn't indicate whether something is unfair or not. This is unimportant but I am sometimes a pedant.
B) You have answered your own question. This is important.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

one million dollars!

bwahahahahahahahhahahhhhahahahaaaaaa

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="lawofthewest"]
koadah wrote:
lawofthewest wrote:

too late.

But anyway, do I have to ask my opponent if I can add 5 million? or can I do it? logic tells me that you should ask first before adding tons of inducement money...

I am not sure what you are asking.

If you are talking about league settings then both teams would get 5 million.

If you are talking about using treasury money then I guess it is unfair as you shouldn't have 5 million under this ruleset.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="koadah"]
lawofthewest wrote:
koadah wrote:
lawofthewest wrote:

too late.

I am not sure what you are asking.

If you are talking about league settings then both teams would get 5 million.

If you are talking about using treasury money then I guess it is unfair as you shouldn't have 5 million under this ruleset.

Ok what I want to know is -> I am in the 145 league. When I do a ranked match, let's say TV 1100 vs TV 1000, the coach with the lower TV gets 100k Gold. But in league, a silly window appears and I can type in as much gold as I want -> why would you even allow such an option? isn't it tempting to type in 5 million and get all the inducements? and if you opponent says "sure, use as much inducement money as u want" what is the problem if he or she wants to play like that?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

No, because (1) you shouldn't actually get the volume of gold via that glitch, (2) Most people here wouldn't actually even attempt something like that, and (3) nobody in their right mind is actually going to tell you that.

"the silly window" as you put it, is supposed to be so you can decide how much of your treasury to spend, because the 145 league still uses the petty cash rules of CRP.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

1) why not? 2) why not attempt something "like that", is it a crime? 3) does it mean I have to find an insane player to play me?

Last edited by lawofthewest on %b %15, %2018 - %12:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Because the volume of gold you should get is equal to the tv difference between your team (if underdog) + whatever gold you have in your treasury. If overdog, you'd just get whatever gold you had in your treasury (and the lower tv opponent gets tv diff+the gold you spent).

2) Because if you think this will happen, or even suspect it might; you're just exploiting a bug.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2018 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
1) Because the volume of gold you should get is equal to the tv difference between your team (if underdog) + whatever gold you have in your treasury. If overdog, you'd just get whatever gold you had in your treasury (and the lower tv opponent gets tv diff+the gold you spent).

2) Because if you think this will happen, or even suspect it might; you're just exploiting a bug.

ok, the things you say make sense.
 Jump to: