43 coaches online • Server time: 10:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2018 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
'n her boyz poo on good sshow fer youse, eh?

I hate it when people poo on a good show ... Sad

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2018 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 2 of the season for the Spanish Inquisition vs the fearsome Chaos team, {NWL} Beasts of the Wastes. And fearsome beasts they were, weighing in at 1890 TV, compared to our measly 1410. The Inquisition knew they were going to have their work cut out for them, and were going to have to rely almost entirely on their secret weapons - Fear and Surprise. Well, they hired Hubris Rakarth and a bribe too, which helped to even up the odds a little.

As the first half kicked off, the Dark Elves knew that their only chance would be to take the fight to the Beasts and catch them off guard. They stormed into the Chaos half on turn 1 and set about harrying the ballcarrier as best they could. Hubris played a key role, with his Strip Ball. Several times, the ball was popped loose, but the Inquisition were unable to get it under control. The Beasts fought hard and viciously, gradually making their way down the pitch. On turn 5, the elf lineman, Entice, was brutally torn to shreds by a slavering chaos monster. On turn 7, one of the Chaos Warriors was in possession of the ball, poised to score next to the Inquisition end zone. In a last-gasp attempt, Hubris dodged clear of his marker and Blitzed the Warrior, pushing him back and knocking the ball into the crowd. However, the elves were unable to reach the resulting throw-in and the Chaos team managed to gather the ball and score on turn 8, to make it 1-0 at the half.

Receiving at the start of the second, the elves knew they were outgunned and their best chance would probably be to try to stall out for a draw. So, they didn't hurry too much to move down the pitch, instead playing a waiting game and letting the Chaos come to them. That's how the element of surprise works! By about turn 5, the Chaos had fought their way through most of the elven team and were starting to surround Cardinal Ximenez, who was in charge of the ball. That was when he decided to unleash his surprise. Before the Beasts even knew it, four elves had dodged past their line, followed by Ximenez, who ran into a scoring position, behind the cover of his trusty teammates. The Beasts desperately rushed to get back to defend, but they weren't quick enough and Ximenez ran it in to make it 1-1 on turn 8.

So, it ended up being a fairly balanced game and the Inquisition were happy to end up with a draw and not too many injuries, given the big TV difference. Next round, they are up against Catalyst's '145 Goblins'. Yay - free points! Very Happy

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2018 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My Goblins demanded I let you know that you only get "THREE points".
I tried to explain to them how those points were also "FREE".
But I chose to cut my losses and let them have the closest thing they will have to a WIN by not pushing the issue.

They did seem extremely hungry and angry and riled up by how many teams appear to be ducking them this season.
They said they would "show you" on the Pitch if you had "the stones" to show up.
I'm guessing not only did they NOT READ the fine print on their contracts.
I am guessing they just DO NOT READ.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
My Goblins demanded I let you know that you only get "THREE points".
I tried to explain to them how those points were also "FREE".

Four candles? Wink

I'll take your gobbos on, if they're feeling lucky .. Cool

BubbaDave

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

KillerDelfier Evils are about to take on the Lycans. If you want to see mangled Elf bits everywhere and werewolves scoring with abandon, this is your chance!
BubbaDave

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hubris Rakarth betrays the Elves and joins the Necromantic team! ...Well, most of him does. Looks like the top half of his skull is refusing to participate in this treachery and is staging a lie-down strike on the pitch.
BubbaDave

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2018 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

And a solid 2-0 win for the Lycans, as Ahalfar Hidiri injured himself dodging into open field with a chance to tie at the end of the 1st half and Lucifer Nightford was able to bring down Junio Yavan short of the endzone and take the loose ball to the house to end the 2nd half. The Lycans improve to 3-0, while the Evils fall to 1-2.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2018 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

WWaaaagghhh! INVADERS!!! The War Boyz Stronghold is under attack!!!

From the frozen wastes of the Old World they come a'viking!!! They come for Blood!!

NO WAIT!!! They come for BLOOD BOWL!!! Game stating soon.

New League coach MartinSeptim brings his Aesir Invaders to the Northern Wastes.

And they bring with them STARS and Apothecaries and... what have they?

No matter these Orcs while somewhat toothless are more skilled than the average Orc team.

Coach Catalyst cannot wait to unleash his team on the upstart Norse team.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2018 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Those sneaky Norsemen have gone into hiding. Very wise.
Fortunately the warrens will be on watch and the team will sleep in safety tonight.
Waiting for the bloodriders to find them where they hide and bring them to the arena.
MartinSeptim

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2018 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The Norsemen sneaked so much that they turned into Chaos Pact Very Happy
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect MAGICKS at play here.
Or maybe he has a detachment of Norsemen he uses as decoys to limit the home pitch advantage.
I sent my riders out and my scouts to find these Norsemen and set my assistant coaches into strategizing a basic Norse Offense and Defense. We discussed how to deal with CLAW to handle his Yhetee, the Werewolf Star and the Yhetee Star, certain he would bring them only to find AN ORC with a Chainsaw and MORG!!!

Morg spent most of the 1st half tying down 2 Black Orcs and a Line Orc and the turn coat Loonie was violating my players with his SAW!!! It took a major scramble by the remaining Orcs to score the opening TD at all. And that left time for the Pact to score before the Half. Having shut down the sideline they were able to swing the ball wide and push across the goaline.

But due to Brilliant Coaching the Orcs were able to force a steal early in the 2nd Half and return the Fumbled ball 3/4 the way up the pitch for the 2-1 lead. And then hold off another attempt by the Invaders to hold on for VICTORY.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Spanish Inquisition took on the fearsome Orc team (and one of the NWL league leaders), Northern Wastes War Boyz, last night, in a daunting matchup, playing up over 800 TV.

As they took to the pitch, it seemed that there was something different about this Orc team. Instead of the usual thuggish brutes that typically constitute Orc blood bowl teams, some of the blitzers on this team seemed uncannily lithe and graceful. You might even say ... elflike

The Dark Elves kicked off the first half, with the Inquisition supported by the famed star players, Roxanna Darknail and Hubris Rakarth. The Orcs gathered the ball quickly, but came under heavy pressure immediately, as Roxanna leaped into their cage to assault their thrower. The two teams scuffled for several turns, with the Orcs managing to hold the ball and the elves' armour holding out well. In turn 7 of the half, the elves scrambled back to set up a solid defensive line, one they were confident that the Orcs would not be able to breach. However, the Orc ballcarrier then handed off to Wend - the most agile-looking one - who, to the amazement of the elves, leaped right over the defensive wall to run in the score!

In the second half, the Dark Elves received and waited patiently for an opportunity. As the Orcs rushed torward them, they saw their chance, and ran quickly past the Orc line to set up a defensive screen. However, that elfy Orc Wend was up to his tricks again. In a bold move, he leaped past the defensive screen; brought the elven ballcarrier down on a 1D blitz; gathered the ball; and managed to dodge back straight past the elven runner. It was a brilliant solo play that left the Dark Elves completely out of position. They deperately scrambled back to try to defend, but all they could do was watch the Orc-of-the-match, Wend, run in his second TD of the game.

Thanks for a great game, Catalyst. Well played and we look forward to a rematch next season! Smile

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

BIG MEAN ORCS vs CRUSTY OLD KHEMRI

GAME ON

Come see some huge RARELY SEEN... KHEMRI STARS
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Mean Orcs almost STUPID STUPID STUPID... cost themselves a WIN by being STUPID STUPID STUPID. But they were able to pickup the ball and score the winning touchdown on turn 8
razmus

Post   Posted: May 10, 2018 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

So, season thirty-four ended, and I only lost four rats! That's less than half a rat a game! I suppose as we head into season thirty-five, this'd be the time for folks interested in a NA friendly league to take a look. Rumors of two divisions means this might be the best possible time to get started.
 Jump to: