50 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lonely-Hobo

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I already have a team in the 145 league.

Any other good leagues for newbies, I could do with getting more experience as I'm getting my tooshie kicked regularly! Ha ha
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

GOOD for noobs? Not really.

But there are other leagues willing to take noobs so long as you are willing to show up and play your games.

I suppose you could say they will be good for you because you will learn something by playing all the varied games you'll get against a variety of players AND meeting other players will be good for you.

But 145 is the only league that is really GOOD for noobs.

You could join the league I am running if you want and IF you play during the evening times in North America. I think we have 2 or 3 noobs right now. And we do need some new players for next season.

Send me a PM if interested.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

what is yr timezone? OBBA is currently accepting coaches, but only those with some sticking power. PM me if you are still here in a week or two.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Faculty is here to help train you up.

You can bring any League team, and setup a game with any of us. We will do our best to teach you how to become an effective coach.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=5413&op=view
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL, the longest running league (I think) on fumbbl is about to redraft.

Based in Aussie.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

You can bring any League team, and setup a game with any of us. We will do our best to teach you how to become an effective coach.

I didn't know about you guys. Cool idea.

OP... you ought to try this out for sure. Brasky is a very good coach. If the other guys are anywhere close to his level they will be able to teach you alot.
razmus

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Lonely-Hobo wrote:
Any other good leagues for newbies, I could do with getting more experience as I'm getting my tooshie kicked regularly! Ha ha

Yeah, I get mine kicked regularly too. A few suggestions that have been kinda painful for me to learn:
🏈As has been said, join some leagues which are 'out of your league.' Many will have a separate division for Rookie teams, maybe called Building or Youngblood tournaments. Don't be shy. Playing in that environment, for me, has provided it's own sort of fun. Playing in [L]eagues also doesn't impact your Coach Rating (CR), if you pay attention to that.
🏈I know it sounds trite, but learn to love playing the game... not just winning. Yeah, winning is a lot of fun. The very best coaches still lose 1/4 to 1/3 of their games. Play your teams you enjoy playing. (For me, I really enjoy pulling off a successful thrown teammate, and I still laugh every time my opponent fails a foul appearance.) Point is, enjoy playing.
🏈Rbthma also runs the GQ Ballroom Blitz, which is kinda a 145+. It runs a lot like the regular 145, but the teams were a little bigger, and it gets some 145 'graduates.' Hmm, maybe if we start a whisper campaign, encouraging him to kick it off for another season. (And the 145 league also runs it's own CUP tournament..)
🏈For my $0.02 (0.016 €), just in case you haven't encountered them Secret League play is one of the hidden jewels on FUMBBL. It's been pretty active, and provides a lot of [L]eague games. (And while you can run any of the standard Blood Bowl rosters in the Secret League play, the Secret League Teams are a blast, and there are a lot of tournaments with from four to sixteen teams running pretty much constantly. They may not be for you, but figured it'd be worth mentioning.
🏈Anyway... there are lots of small Rumbles, Slams, and other quick elimination tournaments running all the time. If those sorts of things interest you, keep an eye on your blog feed, because that's where most of them seem to be advertised.

Anyway, I still consider myself very new to the site... just barely crossing over from noob, and I figured I'd share what I can. Good luck, have fun, and I look forward to meeting you on the pitch!
-razmus
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop in to Secret League Chat.

Tell people that you are new and would welcome some tips. Sorting that out before the match is probably better than drawing some anonymous dude on Gamefinder.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:

🏈I know it sounds trite, but learn to love playing the game... not just winning. Yeah, winning is a lot of fun. The very best coaches still lose 1/4 to 1/3 of their games. Play your teams you enjoy playing. (For me, I really enjoy pulling off a successful thrown teammate, and I still laugh every time my opponent fails a foul appearance.) Point is, enjoy playing.

Razmus speaks sense here. Leagues are great for meeting high quality opponents you wouldn't play otherwise, which, conversely, is a great way to lose. My toughest games and worse losses have come in League, but so has my best enjoyment and best learning. So you have to have fun in that context, and set manageable goals - if you feel yourself to be new, a 50% win rate is not going to be realistic maybe etc. And above all enjoy yourself!

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 19:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If you're Uk based, or game in Uk friendly times, then check out the White Isle League it's far stronger than the SWL in the upper reaches, but has a noob friendly fringe and pyramid system to guide you in.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

isn't the expression "Good beginner" an oxymoron?

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
Lonely-Hobo

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

BillBrasky pm sent Very Happy
 Jump to: