38 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Witch Hunter Apprentice: 60K 0-16 6/3/3/8 Stakes, Fend G/SPA
Flagellants: 0-2 6/3/3/7 Dauntless, Frenzy GS/AP
Free Company Shooter: 70K 0-2 6/3/3/8 Strong Arm, Hail Mary Pass, Kick GP/SA
Witch Hunter Templar: 80K 0-4 6/3/3/8 Stakes, Stab, Weeping Dagger, Shadowing GS/AP
Witch Hunter Captain 100K 0-1 7/3/3/8 Stakes, Stab, Weeping Dagger, Shadowing, Multiple Block GSA/P

Rerolls: 50K
Apothocary: Yes

Background:

The Witch Hunters, killers of chaos cultists, unlicensed magic users, and particularly the undead, found with the rise of blood bowl that all of these groups being cheered at the games, the witch hunters were punished for attempting to kill the very creature they swore to destroy. Seeing no other option, they gathered themselves and the few willing to follow out of greed/religious zealotry to make teams to kill the monsters on the pitch.

Rational:

Witch Hunters in the lore are killers of Chaos and the Undead. In Secret League there is already chaos teams, namely Malal and demons of Malal teams, so I decided to make the Witch Hunter Team a more "anti-undead" sorta team. Undead teams are generally slow and rely on their ability to sustain losses while making a slow advance behind some kind of punchy player like a Mummy, Tomb Guardian, or flesh golem.

Witch Hunters themselves are split into four ranks, apprentice, templar, captains, and generals.

Apprentices are templars in training so they are the linemen. They are standard human linemen with the addition of Fend (to slow down the enemy) and stakes (which does nothing without stab but exists for flavor).

Flagarants are religious zealots that Witch Hunters often bring along as additional muscle to throw at the things they hunt. These guys have frenzy and dauntless which helps takes down the stronger players so many undead teams rely on.

Like Flagarants, Witch Hunters often hire Free Company troops (I.E. mercenaries) to help with their hunts. These free company shooters are armed with big muskets that fire the bomb downfield. While this is a secret weapon, I am not giving them secret weapon penalty as the other "ball bazooka" type players on secret league teams don't have that negatrait as it makes them kinda worthless. Regardless, while they can be made into a passer their primary purpose is to pick up the ball and launch it way downfield to make the slow undead players have to run all the way back to get the ball again.

The Witch Hunters Templars are very similar to the Purifiers on the Sisters of Sigmar Teams. However, they are more trained at this specific task, so have some advantages. First, they have shadowing so they are better able to stick to ball carriers or slow undead players trying to escape a being marked by bashing their way to freedom. They also have weeping dagger so they players they put down stay down for longer.

Finally there is the "big guy", the Witch Hunter Captain, who is just a more experienced Witch Hunter so has the addition of an extra movement (which also helps shadowing) and multiple block out of the gate, meaning they can pull Assassin Creed style stabbing two guys at once kind of moves.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Feb 26, 2018 - 20:49; edited 1 time in total
gpope

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Stakes doesn't actually do anything without Stab. So the apprentices are just going to be human linemen that cost 60k instead of 50k.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

already made: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42096&start=15

http://i.imgur.com/vg6Fbrl.png
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What on earth is a flagarant? Is it a fragrant flagellant? Or someone who rants about flags?
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
What on earth is a flagarant? Is it a fragrant flagellant? Or someone who rants about flags?

Oops. :/
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

gpope wrote:
Stakes doesn't actually do anything without Stab. So the apprentices are just going to be human linemen that cost 60k instead of 50k.

Forgot about that. :/

I will keep stakes for flavor but add fend to justify that price.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2018 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:

I misspell flagellant. My mistake, I corrected it.
 Jump to: