58 coaches online • Server time: 21:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Headjerk

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2018 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm taking Woodies to my first TT tourney and finding it difficult to fill the 1300tv. I've gone 2 WD. 1 Tree. 3 Catcher 1 Thrower. 5 line elf. Couple of RR.
I like a Wizard mostly for the fear factor but I'm torn between that or a star. Zara seems like the obvious choice w her stab and blodge st4, even If it does mean dropping 2 player. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Cheers
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

so, doesn't the 1300 TV allow you to take skills? You should have no problem adding things like kick, blodge and strip ball/tackle to your wardancers, and that's not even counting if stat bonuses are on the table.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards can only be used once per match, are kinda unreliable. It is best as a last ditch effort to prevent your opponent who is an inch from the goal line from scoring with no one in range to stop them, and since you are playing wood elves you shouldn't be running into that problem that often. Between the two, Zara is the better choice. However, as Darth Phsycist says, you probably could get things like strip ball on your wardancers from the start.

Also, you may want to clarify with the TT tourney runner exactly what are the rules for inducements. Do you get to keep them forever (in which case I would expect some bullshit like teams taking on extra beefy strength players) or do you lose them after the first match like regular inducements?
Headjerk

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help. It's a progression resurrection tourney. 2 skills per round to 2 selected players. I'll definitely check with the organiserregarding the rules. It may make my decision easier.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Eldril is the best Star you can get as Woodies, the Gaze adds options you don't normally have, he has some skill rerolls that make him reliable, and he is not too expensive. Is it NAF / CRP rules or Death Zone? The old Wizard with Lightning Bolt beats anything else by a long stretch, expecially for Woodies.
Headjerk

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I had considered eldril but liked Zara St4. Now you mention it. It does make more sense to exploit the WE strengths over compensating for their weakness
juck101

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

wizards are allmos broken good. Eldril is also very good if you have money left ove. Check the pack as skills may come out of gold.
 Jump to: