44 coaches online • Server time: 20:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
morehouse

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

lawofthewest...

I have the secret to beating the game of blood bowl. But you must join Discord and ask me to invite you into our secret channel first. We will then initiate you in the ways of the blood and the bowl.
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

instead of mentioning some random guy, you could at least refer to some of the things I mentioned about the bugs not being solved. Even if it's a "I don't give a hoot about the bugs".

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What random guy?

Oh...Spiro

Keep up Throweck
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

lawofthewest wrote:
instead of mentioning some random guy, you could at least refer to some of the things I mentioned about the bugs not being solved. Even if it's a "I don't give a hoot about the bugs".

Do you want to understand how FUMBBL operates first?
lawofthewest

morehouse wrote:
lawofthewest...

I have the secret to beating the game of blood bowl. But you must join Discord and ask me to invite you into our secret channel first. We will then initiate you in the ways of the blood and the bowl.

I would love to chat about BB. Why not use a free site like talky.io where u dont have to log in and can start talking IMMEDIATELY? similar to Skype but no log in is required, just a mic and a cam is needed (camera is optional I think)
pythrr

lawofthewest wrote:
1) in league, you can get unlimited inducement gold easily.

2) if you start a game with 0 players, the game crashes (it should not be possible to do so in first place...)

it's league. no one gives a crap. League commissioners can police this.

2 - why would you do this?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
lawofthewest wrote:

yes, please.
morehouse

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Discord requires like 2 clicks and is free.

https://fumbbl.com/p/discord
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i've missed spiro. how's your cat, dude?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
lawofthewest wrote:
1) in league, you can get unlimited inducement gold easily.

2) if you start a game with 0 players, the game crashes (it should not be possible to do so in first place...)

it's league. no one gives a crap. League commissioners can police this.

2 - why would you do this?

I found it out by accident while I was experimenting with low TV teams. When you think about it, it is pointless indeed.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

lawofthewest wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
lawofthewest wrote:

yes, please.

1. Christer owns and maintains the site.

2. The FUMBBL Client was created and is maintained by Kalimar. There have been several folks that have pined for an open source client so they can contribute but that carries its own set of issues. As such Kalimar solely is responsible for client updates and bug fixes. We get them very seldom say once a year if not LESS.

3. This site is not an official Blood Bowl product nor is it a commercial enterprise.

4. There are several ways you can engage the site to play games - Box and Ranked, Tourneys, Leagues, Secret Leagues etc etc. Tourneys are entirely community run by volunteers who care a lot about FUMBBL. Leagues are also run by the community among those who self select to play in Leagues. Box and Ranked are almost entirely automated for one off games except when Admin action is required.

5. Taking note of the previous 4 bullet points what do you exactly suggest be done differently within the current structure of Kalimar controlling the code base?

6. We hear you but it is the familiar sound of a neophyte without experience or information crashing against the rocks. FUMBBL is far from perfect but its the best free, community based iteration of Blood Bowl available out there. Most of us take the lumps with the sweets because the game can be very rewarding both in a concrete sense of game playing but as a portal to an overall change in how you approach life Wink
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

@mrt thank you for that. I see the positive side ofc

Last edited by lawofthewest on Mar 05, 2018 - 20:52; edited 1 time in total
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Christer owns and maintains the site.

-> Long live the king!

2. The FUMBBL Client was created and is maintained by Kalimar. There have been several folks that have pined for an open source client so they can contribute but that carries its own set of issues. As such Kalimar solely is responsible for client updates and bug fixes. We get them very seldom say once a year if not LESS.

-> get him a 2nd or 3rd guy to help Smile

3. This site is not an official Blood Bowl product nor is it a commercial enterprise.

-> find a sponsor / get the official BB license

4. There are several ways you can engage the site to play games - Box and Ranked, Tourneys, Leagues, Secret Leagues etc etc. Tourneys are entirely community run by volunteers who care a lot about FUMBBL. Leagues are also run by the community among those who self select to play in Leagues. Box and Ranked are almost entirely automated for one off games except when Admin action is required.

-> true dat.

5. Taking note of the previous 4 bullet points what do you exactly suggest be done differently within the current structure of Kalimar controlling the code base?

-> get the guy to do something once a month. OR even once 2 months -> but try to set up one day where everyone knows -> every 30 days or 60 days on a Wednesday, he will take care of ONE bug and get rid of it. Even with that slow progress, the site would get rid of bugs one by one. Just get the continuity.... once a year? that's too long of a waiting time IMHO.

6. We hear you but it is the familiar sound of a neophyte without experience or information crashing against the rocks. FUMBBL is far from perfect but its the best free, community based iteration of Blood Bowl available out there. Most of us take the lumps with the sweets because the game can be very rewarding both in a concrete sense of game playing but as a portal to an overall change in how you approach life Wink

-> true dat again. It is a great site indeed and I have had lots of fun with losing/learning, drawing or occasionally winning games. Morehouse showed me how to use the discord chat. Ohwatch taught me to how to be patient. Kryten unbanned me. The girls on the site want to hook up with me. I would recommend Fumbll to others, definitely!
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

No AIs to play? Shows what you know...
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=14742

Oscar Wilde
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

trolls gonna troll

Jump to: