44 coaches online • Server time: 16:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2018 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
All the cool kids are doing it, and pythrr.

Indeed. And I'm doing terribly, for which I blame my Ogres. Come beat me.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in

Denizen Dynamite = 1
Da Lowdown Dirty Rat's = 0
Da Lancashire Wolverines = 2
Box Saltire Slappers = 3
Barak Varr Dungeon Dweller's = 3

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed reading fxiii's 100 game post, so I'll do one of my own. Aside from a league, I had not been active much for quite some time but was gradually starting to play a few ranked and box games again. When the Box Trophy came along, I decided to use it as a fun excuse to get back into playing some regular box games. I did not think I would be playing slowly enough that I might not get to 100 games all year though, and here we are... This has really sucked me in and been a lot of fun.

Choosing teams, I wanted to go all ARR races but I also wanted to play Khemri and Humans. I opted to go with 4 ARR teams and humans as a compromise. In ascending order of games played, here they are:

One Must Frog (Slann, 8/2/1 - 9 points). Opted for a Krox/2blitzer build, which was my old favorite before the new MVP rules.
In hindsight, I would have gone Krox/blitzer/3 catcher.
The new MVP rules allow feeding the MVP to the hard to skill krox and blitzers so they are much easier to skill up and catchers hogging all the spp is not the problem it once was. We played our first 3 games against fairly soft targets as far rookie matches go: Goblins, Flings and Necro but only managed 1/1/1. Not a great start, but then we started rolling +ag on the blitzers and... it turns out that makes frogs quite amazing, and we've done much better since.

Final Count's Down (Vampire, 6/6/3 - 9 points). Tried a wrestle vampire, decided I don't really like it. Mix of some tough opponents and hilarious wackiness with a few key mistakes by me and I we have about the worst showing of rookie vampires I've had in several tries. Disappointing to have them fall flat compared to what I was expecting, but hey - could be way worse and there is still time to turn things around.

I Have the Best Elves (Elven Union, 13/3/6 - 14.5 points).
These poor elves have been battling to gain a bench without much luck. My worst record with any Elf team, and that is saying something because I have some other Pro Elves that have a thrower who only throws backwards for lulz and glory, and they have a better record than these "Best" elves. Laughing We were out of the running for racial first place pretty early with this team! More to the point - I know some very good Pro Elf coaches and I don't think I'm one of them. I keep thinking they should be amazing but I am not playing with the right balance of risk/reward with them yet. Much to learn here.

High Crimes and Misdemeanors (High Elf 16/4/3 - 18 points).
Really rough start for these elves, with losing opening record of 2/1/3, and struggling with a bunch of loners for a while. Would have retired both elf teams but for their being involved in the trophy event. However, in this case rolling +stats saves the day and since becoming blessed with some amazing stars we have gone the last 16 games undefeated (with some key luck against a few top coaches to keep the streak alive).

Gruemans (Human 20/5/4 - 22.5 points).
Humans too had a pretty miserable start, going 0/2/2 in their first 4 games. But as Nuffle taketh, Nuffle also giveth, and the gruemans started rolling stats and doubles and haven't stopped yet. The rocked a 12 game winning streak and won the last season's HLP sprint and Box Belt for Humans. We have had some hilarious losses that turned into lucky ties and some ties turn into wins at the last moment. Not sure they will be able to hold their racial lead against some very good opposition, but they are in good shape still so the race is on!

My teams had rough starts but I still had quite a good time throwing them into the box. Diversity of teams is up and that has made it a real joy to play. Once Nuffle started rewarding me for sticking it out, that made it all the better. Wink My teams have totaled 73 points in their 100 games, plus one current racial lead for a total of 75.5 at the moment. I had calculated my points per game when I was closer to 50 games played and I was around .65 points per game at that time, so we've stepped it up a lot in the past 50.

The moral is: Enter and keep going! This has been quite fun, and even if we crash and burn later on it's been really great to see so many exciting matches from a wide range of teams. I will be looking forward to doing this again next year. 219 days remaining this year, so you've got lots of time to jump in or start playing if you haven't yet!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

congratulations, your 3 +ag blitzers are quite amazing !! i choosed different way with my froggies as i just get my second +st catcher Wink

final rush should be amazing !!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:
congratulations, your 3 +ag blitzers are quite amazing !! i choosed different way with my froggies as i just get my second +st catcher Wink

final rush should be amazing !!

Yeah, should be exciting! I think more catchers is better, I used to do more blitzers to start because better odds of rolling +ag than +st, and a +ag blitzer has a much better statline and skills than +st catcher for a difference of 20K. But these days having both is best I think.

But I would have more catchers if I hadn't rolled so well on the blitzers. Wink

If our frogs live this could be a quite a race to the finish!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2018 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post grue
sonrises

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

***News! News! News***

Coach Justicium overcomes coach Nachtogen and takes the lead of the Blackbox Trophy race!

Impressive numbers:

* High elf team trophy justighelf finishes the 40 games stint with a 29/7/4 record and 32.5 points. Leads racial category.
* Shambling Undead team Trophy justundead finishes the 40 games stint with a 26/7/7 record and 29.5 points. Leads racial category.
* Halfling team Trophy Justhalfing is 2 games short to complete the 40 games stint. Current record of 18/8/12 and 22.0 points. Leads racial category.

In additon to this, he is running Dark Elves at a current record of 8/3/3 and goblins at 4/3/5. So, this looks like coach Justicium is gonna be the man to beat! he still has 56 games to go before completing the full race. Good luck coach!

In related news, coach Suppurax becomes the 2nd coach to finish the 200 games race. He is currently holding 7th position with 86.5 points and leading ogres category. Overall record was 64-35-101 running Chaos Chosen,Elven Union,Khemri Tomb Kings,Vampire and Ogres. Best record with Elven Union 16-7-17.
Justicium

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

thx mister!

it will be hard with goblins Smile
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Great update Sonrises. Good luck Justicium!
fxiii

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2018 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

time to talk about the 150th game checkpoint !!

so what's new ?

game 101-125 was a bit tough with a loosy 10-7-8 but 126-150 were really better with a cool 18-3-4

humans: 22-10-4 (9-2-1 since last update), things keep on going well, and we scored the most insane oneturn action ever (check out my last blog!)

elves: 20-5-6 (9-2-2), good job here too, some sexy oneturn actions too, but easier Wink

uw: 16-5-7 (6-2-1), luck is back with this team, and claws help a little (but definitely 2 heads is the cool thing!)

khemris: 13-8-6 (4-2-2), still very difficult with a huge amount of failed pickups... come on boyzz, roll ag+ !!

slanns: 16-8-4 (2-2-4), this team don't win anymore and is crushed in every game... it all started with a 4-0 first loss, and it keeps on with 4 dead players includind kroxy last game... 12 last games should be really harsh !!

for a total record of 87-36-27, so 105 points...

racial leads: at the moment we have 3 (humans, slanns and underworld), but i'm afraid we'll only be able to keep underworld's one, as we may lose it to happygrue or any other coach that i didn't notice...

the goal for last 50 games sounds easy: 35 more points to stay in top 5... in case we're lucky enough to reach 1st place at a moment, the next things will be easy: cut internet down at happygrue, strider and elyoukey's places :d (sorry for other close challengers that i didn't notice !!)

if you didn't yet, join blackbox trophy, 6 monthes left hurry up !!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2018 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

fxiii wrote:
in case we're lucky enough to reach 1st place at a moment, the next things will be easy: cut internet down at happygrue, strider and elyoukey's places :d (sorry for other close challengers that i didn't notice !!)

Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:34; edited 1 time in total
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great update MenonaLoco. It is a haul. We will make some adjustments for season 2 but some of you guys are just blowing it up.
samuelson

Post   Posted: May 19, 2018 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello..i'm in:
Blackbox Trophy Sam Goblin
Blackbox Trophy Sam II HE
Blackbox Trophy Sam III Human
Blackbox Trophy Sam IV Wood elf
Blackbox Trophy Sam V EU
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 19, 2018 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You're not
Yet