51 coaches online • Server time: 12:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sjoh1141

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

With the host of potential new teams suggested I thought I'd put my own idea for a tribe of goblin wolf riders.

(Yes I know some of you dislike mounts but i'm strangely ok with it for the sneeky gobbo's)

0-16 Wolfclan goblin 6237 Dodge, Stunty (30k) A(GPS)
0-6 Goblin Wolf Rider 7338 Block, CLaw (100k) GA(PS)
0-1 Boss of great wolf 7339 Block, Claw, Mighty Blow, Sprint (130k) GS(AP)
0-1 Shamen on wolf 7338 Block, Claw, Hypmotic gaze, foul appearance (120k) AP(GS)

Apart from the bulk standard gobbo lineman. I figured Wolf riders should be quicker, stronger, with a bit more armour and claw (block is probably a bit of overkill and could be removed or they could be dropped to 0-4)

Every clan has a boss and they would get a bigger nastier wolf hence mighty blow and sprint

Goblins love shamen so I've put him on a standard wolf with hypmotic gaze and foul appearance.

I wasn't really thinking about ball carriers etc...(althoug the wolf riders do have agility skill access) I figure people will find a way to play with them whatever you gwet in a lineup and blood bowl coaches are endlessly creative.

All constructive feedback welcome.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't agree with mounts but if I did I think they would be more like:

Goblin Wolf Rider 7337 Bone Head (to represent trying to control a giant wolf)Sprint(cos wolves are fast)sure feet(with four legs they shouldn't fall over)claw(cos they have claws)leap(cos they can, but no very long legs) with access to AS(GP)
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with this is however you make them you run the risk of making too much like Squig teams or too much like Forest Goblin teams. Both already have Goblins riding something. I'd be more interested in a new Goblin cheater team.

0-16 Goblin Cheaters 6237 Stunty, Rightstuff, Dodge, Dirty Player A GSP 40k

0-2 Goblin Ooligans 6237 Stunty, RightStuff, Dodge, Disturbing Presence, Fan Favourite, A GSP 70k

0-2 Elite Bombadier 6237 Bombadier, Dodge, Stunty, Secret Weapon, Hail Mary Pass AP GS 50k

0-2 Big Glove Pogoer 7247 Dodge, Stunty, Leap, VLL, Big Hand A GSP 80k

0-2 Loopey Looney 6237 Chainsaw, Stunty, Secret Weapon, Frenzy A GSP 50k

0-2 Fanatic 3737 Ball&Chain, Stunty, No Hands, Secret Weapon S GAP 70k

0-1 Doom Diver (Dunno stats or anything)

RR: 50k
Apo: Yes
Star Players: Goblins

I'd also maybe have an extra rule that gives them a free bribe or makes bribes cheaper.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

for the doom diver what you need is something that doesn't move much and has throw teammate - I'd be thinking treeman type of thing.

0-1 Doom diver catapult 2629 take root, bombardier, throw team mate, mighty blow, always hungry, pass. (120k I think)

Bombardier and throw teammate because anything can be launched from that catapult, pass because with ag 2 you'll need some help to get airbourne, always hungry to represent the fact that things can go horribly wrong.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

sjoh1141 wrote:
for the doom diver what you need is something that doesn't move much and has throw teammate - I'd be thinking treeman type of thing.

0-1 Doom diver catapult 2629 take root, bombardier, throw team mate, mighty blow, always hungry, pass. (120k I think)

Bombardier and throw teammate because anything can be launched from that catapult, pass because with ag 2 you'll need some help to get airbourne, always hungry to represent the fact that things can go horribly wrong.
Doom Divers actually exist as of the Deathzone Season 2 book. I just don't know their statlines or skills or anything so i left it blank.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Doom diver 6237 right stuff stunty swoop 60k A(GSP)

(as I have the app on my phone...)

but it's still less fun than having an actual catapult on the pitch....
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh right. maybe more than 1 doom diver then. I thought the Doom Diver was the catapault. Yeah, i'd rather have the Catapault.

I'd actually make the catapault like

0-1 2/1/5/10 Always hungry, throw teammate, take root, Timmm-ber! pass, hail mary pass. P ASG 100k

Super low ST for the fact it's just a machine with a throwing arm, it's not got any way to hit things. Same with the high AG because it's designed to throw stuff really well.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ag 5? Built by gobbos? Yew sir iz avin a giraffe!
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
ag 5? Built by gobbos? Yew sir iz avin a giraffe!
Ok then AG4. seems more reasonable.

I was just going for a reverse big guy statline to make it unique for its purpose.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2018 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

sjoh1141 wrote:

What does swoop do?

DLE College 7s
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2018 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
sjoh1141 wrote:

What does swoop do?

When a swoop player is thrown, it's not a D8 scatter for where they land, but it uses the same idea as the fanatic. So you can "guide" the player a bit better.
 Jump to: