64 coaches online • Server time: 21:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which do i take?
+1MA
69%
 69%  [ 25 ]
Sure Hands
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Mighty Blow
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please explain below)
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 36

noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just rolled double 5's on my first lvl 3 Centaur and i'm not sure which i take. He currently just has Block. (wish i'd taken Sure Hands now though)

Do i take the +1MA? Or do i just ignore both the +1MA and a possible doubles skill and go with just Sure Hands? Also Mighty Blow is still an option i guess.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA is very good. Either that or dodge (which will work wonders later with break tackle).
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, i never considered just taking dodge. That does also seem like a good pick. I find on a Centaur +MA is not as high a priority as it might be otherwise.

I'm also not sure exactly what i want to use them for yet either as my Hobgoblins are shaping up to be better ball carriers. I have one with dodge and one with Dodge and +AG. Then my CDorfs are all just taking Guard obviously.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge would be my #1 pick here, ST4 blodge is a beast to take down and once you add Break Tackle you'll have an ultra-mobile ST4 blitzer.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, well seems that's 2 votes towards a possible dodge which i do like the sound of (mainly cause i always like more blodgers XD

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't play chaos dwarves, but I do play against em. the 7M ones are always a real #$@%&

so I voted +ma

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
I don't play chaos dwarves, but I do play against em. the 7M ones are always a real #$@%&

so I voted +ma
The Jagas MA7 bull, right?

Given he already has block, I'd probably take dodge, then give him sure hands as his 3rd skill. +MA is great on a bull, but I'd rather have dodge for Break Tackle synergy later.

Now, if you'd already had dodge, then yeah, +MA all day, but dodge will prove more valuable to him in the long term, and if he's your primary ball carrier, it'll help you win more games.

On the other hand, I'd take +MA if you plan to take him down the Tackle/MB route, as that essentially gives you an MA10 sweeper with which to drive opponents crazy.

So really, it all comes down to how you plan to build him.
Dodge is better for a ball carrying bull, +MA is better on a sweeper, or a bull who already has dodge.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2018 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It is likely he'll be more of a sweeper/secondary ball carrier as i had a Dodge/+AG Hobgoblin that seems to be my main carrier. I do like adding Dodge as overall it has more synergies for later on to make the player better all round though also it's far more likely i get a double again down the line on this or my other Centaur than it is i will roll another 10.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 00:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
I'm also not sure exactly what i want to use them for yet either as my Hobgoblins are shaping up to be better ball carriers.

This is not true. They arn't Bull Centaurs. They don't move like Bull Centaurs, arn't av9, and don't have str4 nor thick skull.

bram wrote:
+MA is very good. Either that or dodge (which will work wonders later with break tackle).

This is true. Bull Centaurs need to go wherever you want them to, ergo +MA is great, and Blodge Break Tackle is GOLDEN.

ps: Why are you skilling hobgobs?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Because they happen to get spp and can be useful. I mean i only have the one with Dodge /+AG and the other with dodge, though that one if i don't roll a stat on will be sacked and replaced with a rookie. I like to keep ones that get either +AG or +ST.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
and the other with dodge, though that one if i don't roll a stat on will be sacked and replaced with a rookie.
Or, you give him Wrestle as a second skill, and if he continues to skill, tackle and strip ball.

I had a team a while back with a ST5, AG3 blodge, break tackle, sure hands Bull, and a wrestle, tackle, strip ball hobo. I could, with some regularity, get both players into an opponent's backfield and wreak havoc on their ball handling, often resulting in my monster bull running away with the ball.

I get the desire to keep TV trim and lean, but dodge hobos are worth the cost.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for dodge; it's just so great offensively and defensively, esp once you great break tackle.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
noobie2k7 wrote:
and the other with dodge, though that one if i don't roll a stat on will be sacked and replaced with a rookie.
Or, you give him Wrestle as a second skill, and if he continues to skill, tackle and strip ball.

I had a team a while back with a ST5, AG3 blodge, break tackle, sure hands Bull, and a wrestle, tackle, strip ball hobo. I could, with some regularity, get both players into an opponent's backfield and wreak havoc on their ball handling, often resulting in my monster bull running away with the ball.

I get the desire to keep TV trim and lean, but dodge hobos are worth the cost.
My dodge Hobo just died so in the end that issue fixed itself xD

(this is a team on Cyanides BB) my +AG hobo will probably take wrestle or strip ball next though. The team is current at like 1370TV though i have a Bull Centaur mng so it's more like 1450 maybe.

Oh and i took Dodge on Bull Centaur. Actually even came in handy last game so yay.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Play more on FUMBBL Noobie! You seem to be on here a lot but have played so few games here.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2018 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA

only other good idea is dodge, but meh -- stats win

Jump to: