44 coaches online • Server time: 20:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you immediately skill as many players as possible or build a couple of Super Stars?
I would like a skill on all 11 starters so I spread the MVPs
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
I build a few legends and a band of scrubs
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Pie, Pie, and more Pie please.
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 28

Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you try to distribute the SPP on your teams? Do you want a team full of 1-2 skilled players? Do you prefer 3 Legends and a bunch of scrubs?

I know it varies a little by team. Vampires teams probably don't put many points into thralls, and Undead coaches probably rarely give MVPs to Zombies.

But, what do you prefer to do with your other teams? Elves, dwarfs, chaos? With just one skill a lineman seems much more effective and should live longer.
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Skill anyone that can skill, build up the stat freaks otherwise, sometimes push a stat player anyway if they're missing a key skill. Every now and then stick 2 MVPs on a rookie because a kicker died or something. But they all die, so I build them all, happy to have 16 skilled guys and gals on any team that can keep them alive, and the more skills the better.

Only players I don't MVP are superstars, basically, they tend to hoard regular Cas and TD SPPs just fine.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends a bit on the roster, MVPs tend to gravitate towards the positionals but a few skills on Linemen are usually also needed, I tend to choose the ones that are 5 or less points away from the next skill for the most part. Certainly don't need 11 skilled players on most teams but not a "Rule of 5" purist either.
DatMonsta

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy to have some LoS-rookie and well skilled positionals. And pump MVPs into stat+ guys who miss coreskills
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I have mostly old teams with a spread of spps I would tend to choose either to give mvps to blitzer types or sacker/carrier types who are rookie or experienced level so far. Those early skills on they key players are so important. Maybe once they all have 2 or 3 skills you can spread out more.
The mvp nomination takes away quite a bit of character of teams but at least they don’t go to dead folks and journeymen anymore!

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2018 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I always develop 8 players and ignore the los. I dont sack bloat but I dont apoth either. I typically play 8 players to 2 skills and then most of the basics are covered. Apart from stunty I cant think of many exceptions to this now. Even more so with chosen mvp.

re poll mine is not an option
 Jump to: