50 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Brother_Mace

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all - I am new to fumbbl - but thought i would give it a go after being a bit disillusioned with BB2 and BB1 to some extent. Fumbbl seems to have a more tabletop feel to it.

Is it easy to get a match ?

is there a type of matchmaker function - or do you just talk to coaches online at the time ?

Also are the matches / turns timed ?

Cheers - hope to play some of you soon Very Happy
mawph

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Ranked is a reasonable place to pick up a game, select your teams and use the gamefinder function. However for new users, search out the 145 club, its a league of newer players where you can build up some experience in a rookies environment. Ranked can get a bit daunting at first, if you end up playing experienced players repeatedly and being stomped upon.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, welcome!

There is help here.
Ooops. Help seems a little out of date. But the gist of it is right.

What you really need is Secret League Mr. Green

145 Club is here. Though if you've been around since BB1 you maybe won't need it.

Last edited by koadah on Mar 14, 2018 - 12:12; edited 1 time in total
datom

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL!

Not to contradict Koadah, but the 145 is a great place to start if you are new to the site, even with substantial BB experience.

It's a great place to learn the client, pick up on some of the slight rule changes, and also meet other coaches who have just joined the site. It's the peer group of fun, engaged coaches that I found to be so helpful when starting here.

The league starts today - find out about applying here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Rbthma&id=21270

See you out there!

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

That is cool. It has changed a bit since my day. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello i am new here in fumbbal.
Visit as on @ http://www.bmicalculator.guru/
Brother_Mace

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well thanks for the reply's
I have applied to 145 club - I am not new to BB and was ranked in the hundreds when BB1 was at its peek. pretty rusty since then though - thanks for the help - see you on the pitch soon
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome along and enjoy! Smile
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, welcome. In addition to to the excellent advice above I'd just like to add that fumbbl has a great league scene with many different metas from the current rules to crp to draft leagues, secret league team leagues and many other inbetween with different unique custom rules. A great pace to go if you want more than just casual games.

DLE College 7s
jdm

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You say you've applied to the 145 club. That's great but they only accept League teams. As you only have a ranked one you will want to make a league one and apply with them

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Mek sure yew ware yer tin foil hat at all timez
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish you a good times here on FUMBBL! Beware, this is a great community. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2018 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You are not the first BB1/BB2 coach to wander over here and end up staying! Wink

If you've played a good deal then 145 is probably not what you're looking for (though they are always looking for good coaches to play stunties and teach other new players the ropes).

I'd suggest making some Box teams (random random matchmaking mostly based on Team Value, draws every 15 minutes) and some Ranked teams (thumbs up/down matchmaking) and seeing which atmosphere you like.

Welcome!

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah make teams in both blackbox and ranked. Black box is through a match maker every 15 mins while ranked is through challenges. Enjoy!

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2018 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

datom wrote:
Welcome to FUMBBL!

Not to contradict Koadah, but the 145 is a great place to start if you are new to the site, even with substantial BB experience.

Yeah 145 is great (shame about adding the cyanide rosters though).

Maybe it's just that this Koadah hasn't heard about the 145 league?
 Jump to: