37 coaches online • Server time: 18:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which would you take?
Break Tackle
55%
 55%  [ 20 ]
3 Agility
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
' 22/7
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

Keothi

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst, isn't that Flawed logic? You're trying to compare a -MA Blitzer with +ST to a +MA,+AG Orc BOB. The blitzer is fine even without the +ST as a ball carrier, the only reason I'd hold onto one that had -MA is *IF* he had also rolled +ST as he still has value at that strength and movement... But on a team so slow, having minimum 4 players with MA6 is pretty critical... I had to sack my Orc Blitzer who had x2 -MA and had rolled +ST, Diving Tackle and Jump Up, he also had Tackle, Block and Wrestle. I had essentially a BOB who had rolled +AG, two doubles and three normals; but he was a liability. I needed another MA6 Orc Blitzer. Sacked him, hired a new one. Block, Guard, Tackle in short order and the team improved vs went downhill.

If another Blitzer developed +ST, I'd probably cut the -MA,+ST one and start again. Why cut a square peg to fit in a round hole? A lot of coaches dislike the Orc Thrower due to the lower AV + lower MA... But they would reconsider if he rolled +AG; AG4 Orc Thrower brings a lot of elements to the Orc game... But a BOB with Frenzy + Stand Firm has more utility and use on an orc team than AG3,ST4,MA5 Frenzy does. Sure Hands on a Frenzy player is dangerous IMO; if you need to block him free of a tackle zone, then on a pushback or dodge opponent he follows straight up and ends up back in a tackle zone plus he may block out of position and become even more vulnerable. I don't think I've ever seen a player developed to have both Sure Hands and Frenzy unless it was a Witch Elf on a DE team and that's more a product of they come straight out of the box with Frenzy, but I can see where they might possibly be developed into a Sure Hands Ball Carrier, but what a waste of a Witch Elf IMO.

If he did roll a double on his final advance I'd consider Sidestep over Dodge. Very useful to have a BOB with Frenzy who can choose where he goes when he gets pushed. Plus the ability to choose to stay where you are, OR move to a free square (or any occupied square if all full) on a pushback is very sweet for the orc Blocking game.

Besides, on the team in question, he has an AG4 player. Designed as a hitter, so begging for Dauntless or Grab on a normal or Dodge/Diving Tackle on a Double.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of comparing him to a Blitzer, compare him to an Orc Lino.

The +MA and +AG essentially turn him into an Orc Lino with +ST, Block, MB, Frenzy. The Lino costs 50, 50, 20, 30, 20 = 170k.

The exact same Bob costs 210k.

Take the Break Tackle.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

+Ag works well, particularly because he is MA5. You will find all kinds of random uses for it. Sometimes he is a surprise receiver. Sometimes he will be simply closest to the ball when it spills. The look on your opponents face when the BoB passes the ball would be priceless (if it wasn't the internet). Also break tackle can (often) only be used once per turn. +Ag for multiple dodges!

Bloat is really not such an issue anymore. Go with the most powerful choice, not the most TV effective.

Oscar Wilde
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodging is not needed. If the guy is in contact, then i would be fully content blocking with him. That is what str4 mb frenzy is for. Killing players. It is like an extra blitz if opponent marks him. Sure, you wont surf that way, but i take that extra hit anyday. So the question is really what helps him when he is NOT market. Stand firm allows surfing with less assists, and Juggernaut helps on every blitz, be it surf or else.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2018 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on how you play. So you really have to answer the question yourself.

Dodging like an elf? Cool.

With frenzy, it makes him more of a threat by the sidelines. They can't just tie him up to prevent the surf.

It is not just what he does, but fear of what he might do. Works very nice with guard. Though you do have plenty of guards. Very nice with dodge or +ST Smile

If you are really into slinging the ball then maybe +ag. I'd be likely to use the dodge or at least the threat of the dodge more often.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2018 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, this is like playing "who wants to be a millionaire" where the guy uses his lifeline to poll the audience, and the response is virtually 25% for all answers.

At least it shows making a forum thread wasn't a waste of time.

All answers given have good merit. Bottomline, I want them all! break tackle, 3AG, stand firm, juggernaut, AND guard Very Happy

However, I'm going to go with koadah's advice, "It depends on how you play. So you really have to answer the question yourself."

I went with frenzy to crowd surf, so I'm going to stick with the girl I brought to the dance and eliminate +ag and guard from the list (though I LOVE scoring with traditional 2ag players like dwarf blockers).

Most of my opponents in the league don't have stand firm, fend, or wrestle so I'll eliminate juggernaut.

leaves stand firm and break tackle.

I tend to blitz for the surf (hence the 5M) which allows me to pull away from the sideline and allows me to dodge to get into position...additionally, he's available to be another space player.

so I'm going with break tackle now...stand firm if by some miracle he gets to legend.

and juggernaut, +3ag, guard if I can bribe an admin : )

thank you all for your help. got a game for Monday, so I'll find out the hard way if I regret not taking standfirm.

shArk out

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2018 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Everytime now i see you refer to yourself as shARk or shARKtoria is i go all Emperor Palpatine "Yeeeees. Excellent!"