37 coaches online • Server time: 00:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sjoh1141

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A team for beastman like creatures but with the top half man and bottom half beast (based on the chaos dwarf Bull centaurs)

0-16 Centaur 6-3-2-8 Sprint, Sure Feet 70k G(PSA)
0-4 Faun/Satyr 6-3-3-8 Sprint, Sure Feet, Leap, VLL 100k GA(PS)
0-2 Bull Centaur 6-4-2-9 Sprint, Sure feet, Thick Skull 130k GS(PS)

rerolls - 50k
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

There's already a Centigor team in Secret League. There's also the Zoat team which is pretty much just this.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a fan of mounts or mounted types being in BB (I mean how do they turn). However the idea has interested me.

I think I would remove the Satyr because ungors play that role.

What about something about the fluff being something like 'beast creatures with stead bottom halves in common flock together for mutual protection and super fast raiding'.

Instead of having Bull Centaurs (which really wouldn't be with the rest of them) why not Boar Centaurs? Top half Chaos Dwarf bottom part ....erm Boar. They were created by Chaotic style Chaos Dwarfs.

We could say that they swap 1ma for 1ag, plus they gain sprint/sure feet. Would you add a drunk rule for the chaos centaurs (would be problematic being that they are the linemen, however they are a bit good).

0-16 Chaos Centaurs 7328 horns, Sprint, SF GS/PAM
0-4 Boar Centaurs 5319 TS, Block, Sprint, SF GS/PAM
0-1 Dragon Ogre 6519 TS, MB, BH S/GSPA

It's a nice list that gives up AG (so no AG3 at all) for speed. It also would be aesthetically pleasing. I think it's probably a bit good though and the Dragon Ogre isn't very fluffy.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

0-1 Dragon Ogre 6519 TS, MB, BH S/GSPA

You got me w/ this Exclamation
One of my favorite miniatures.

I'd rather something like this:
0-1 Dragon Ogre 5/5/2/10 Loner, Bone Head, Thick Skull, Claw, Throw Team Mate, Sure Feet, Prehensile Tail

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I like harvestmouse's list a lot but instead of a drunk rule i'd just remove SF from all of them as they are drunk so are less well surefooted. I do really like the idea of the Boar centaurs too. they're a unique player choice. I'd be tempted to even give them all Juggs instead of Horns as that could make them quite a unique team.

So the team would look somewhat like this. I i've removed sure feet from all, added juggs and also have given the Boars +ST to make them more worth taking.
0-16 Chaos Centaurs 7328 Juggernaut, Sprint, GS/PAM
0-4 Boar Centaurs 5419 TS, Block, Sprint, Juggernaut GS/PAM
0-1 Dragon Ogre 6519 TS, MB, BH S/GPAM