39 coaches online • Server time: 16:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Could realy need some advise for my next match thats coming up.
I’m playing in a league (tabletop) and its vs undead.
The guy is very good!
The teams
Opponent:
By now he has all positionals and a 5-6zombies.
Dirtyplayer zombie,block mummie,both wights guard and 1 sidestep and 2ghouls with blodge and 1 of them with surehands ...
My team Very Happy
I have a 13player team now.
Normal ogre,block claw troll,block mino(crazy right!!)
Dodge delf,orc/skaven/gobbo are rookie.
Rest are marauders that have 1leader(who i still need to give a normal skill)
1block,1block MB,1tackle wrestle
But the orc has to miss the next game sadly so i’m stuck with only 12 players.
I have 110.000gold!

THE QUESTION!
Do i buy with my gold a starplayer or a normal player?
The bomber is cheap and kinda fun.
The chainsaw i a good injury maker but will almost cost me all my gold.
Or do i buy another normal dude? (If i buy 1 he gets 60k inducements)

Realy wont to win from this guy so i don’t mind spending all the treasury.

Are the starplayer worth it to get them?
What skill do i give the leader? (Block/guard/extra arms)
And what plat is solid vs undead? Smile

Thanks for the tips Very Happy
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Both Stars you mention have Secret Weapon... so they are BANNED almost guaranteed if anybody scores a TD. And the guy with the Chainsaw is likely to get tossed is you FOUL with him... and if you aren't going to foul with him... why hire him?

Also... what if you decide not to START the guys with the weapons because the 2nd Half is when you want to use them? So you do that and THEN he sends 2 or 3 of yours to the KO Box or scores CAS against them... and you end up being forced to field them for only 1 or 2 turns at the end of the 1st half.
Basically I'm saying... IF you take a STAR with Secret Weapon you better play him to START the game. So you better be ready to use him on OFFENSE or DEFENSE. If you see him as only being effective on Offense or only on Defense MAYBE you should avoid him.

If you think you need more depth why not hire more Marauders? They are cheaper if they are part of your team.
Or is all the money you are getting INDUCEMENT money? And if so... think about buying the WITH SKILLS ADDED.

Protect your guys with Tackle and use them to attack his Ghouls as much as possible. And in general attack his Ghouls as much as possible. They have the worst AV and do not Regenerate. Plus... if you remove them he loses most of his Speed and Agility.
Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Both Stars you mention have Secret Weapon... so they are BANNED almost guaranteed if anybody scores a TD. And the guy with the Chainsaw is likely to get tossed is you FOUL with him... and if you aren't going to foul with him... why hire him?

Also... what if you decide not to START the guys with the weapons because the 2nd Half is when you want to use them? So you do that and THEN he sends 2 or 3 of yours to the KO Box or scores CAS against them... and you end up being forced to field them for only 1 or 2 turns at the end of the 1st half.
Basically I'm saying... IF you take a STAR with Secret Weapon you better play him to START the game. So you better be ready to use him on OFFENSE or DEFENSE. If you see him as only being effective on Offense or only on Defense MAYBE you should avoid him.

If you think you need more depth why not hire more Marauders? They are cheaper if they are part of your team.
Or is all the money you are getting INDUCEMENT money? And if so... think about buying the WITH SKILLS ADDED.

Protect your guys with Tackle and use them to attack his Ghouls as much as possible. And in general attack his Ghouls as much as possible. They have the worst AV and do not Regenerate. Plus... if you remove them he loses most of his Speed and Agility.

I now have 10k inducements now that my orc is out for this game.
If i buy 1 more marauder then my tv would be 146(without the orc) and his 142.
I fear his team allready so i dont want to give him inducements on top of that.
So you don’t recommend a starplayer? (All the ones that i can afford are secret weapons)
1 more thing,i dont realy understand what you mean with “buying with skills added”? Can you do that?

Any recommendation on the skill i should give my “leader” player?

Thanks for the tips!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

A babe may serve you better than a marauder and won’t increase your oppos inducements.
If he doesn’t tend to protect his ghouls then the saw could come in handy there. But it can easily kickback.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
A babe may serve you better than a marauder and won’t increase your oppos inducements.
If he doesn’t tend to protect his ghouls then the saw could come in handy there. But it can easily kickback.

He has a ton of experience so he will probably defend his ghouls very well.
A babe could work espacialy becaus of my tv.
Ofcourse an extra marauder will be a sure use and the babe may not be used at all...

What skill do you think i should give my marauder that now has the leader skill?
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Babe + card? Just make sure you keep your big guys safe. Don't let then get isolated and fouled. As for marauder skills, take guard. It will help your big guys get 2 dice on the mummies and 3 dice on everyone else.

Oscar Wilde
Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Babe + card? Just make sure you keep your big guys safe. Don't let then get isolated and fouled. As for marauder skills, take guard. It will help your big guys get 2 dice on the mummies and 3 dice on everyone else.

We dont use cards. But thanks for the advise Smile
Will go with guard.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard on marauder and 2d his mummies with your block/claw troll when possible.

If you're okay with paying for secret weapon stars I would take Zzharg Mad-eye over both the bomber and the saw - st4 and tackle, even though he is slow is useful. Albeit only for one half (unless you argue the call or get a bribe from kick off). But he's only 90k.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader + block would be my suggestion for the marauder.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Leader + block would be my suggestion for the marauder.

and for extra? a babe,a marauder or a starplayer?

thanks for the advise
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2018 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably too late to help you now. But...
I played Pact for several seasons in League and the stars they get regularly are CRAP imo.
But I am not saying do not use them.
Just food for thought on why you may want to avoid them.

Different people think different ways about the game. Some LOVE a chainsaw or bombs or... whatever.
I tend to avoid them due to my experiences with them. Maybe I don't use them right.
Who knows?

As for the Loners you can hire.
You get the skill you want on them by clicking in the empty space where their starting skills would be written (if they had any).

Milman wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

I now have 10k inducements now that my orc is out for this game.
If i buy 1 more marauder then my tv would be 146(without the orc) and his 142.
I fear his team allready so i dont want to give him inducements on top of that.
So you don’t recommend a starplayer? (All the ones that i can afford are secret weapons)
1 more thing,i dont realy understand what you mean with “buying with skills added”? Can you do that?

Any recommendation on the skill i should give my “leader” player?

Thanks for the tips!
 Jump to: