44 coaches online • Server time: 16:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

1d all mens

the way of glory

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My last game made me realize that I ought to 1D only iff I can afford the opposite menz not to be marked.

I went for a 1D. It was purely defensive. I SKULLed. It gave my opponent a crucial assist. I survived, but regretted it.

Also, think about what happens if you get a PUSH. That should tell you what to do.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
If you think you have a 2D block then click block only to see 1D be rolled, you will pow it every time

This is true.

Also, nekkid 1d blocks hit hardest. Especially vs blodgers.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2017 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
Or if you think your troll is next to someone for really stupid but isn't, it's a guaranteed cas, right stu?

On topic as everyone already said, the answer isn't yes or no, it's maybe.

And if you GFI unnecessarily, you are bound to snake the sure feet roll and knock your skink out

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Varlak

Post   Posted: May 08, 2017 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot of people is missing something here:
Yes, usually, even with 1D, its easier to hit the opponeng than to fall down but, in my opinion, its much worst to fall down in your turn than to hit the opponent, so I usually avoid 1D unless I gain something tactically.

If you hit your opponent, usually he will not fail the armour and he will wake up next turn, so you won one turn of not being hit, but if you fail, your opponent will be unmarked and free to move, and one of your players will be a full turn in the floor without defense zones, so he is wining an extra turn plus a hole in your defense against a turn of not being hit... I honestly dont think that it worth it unless you are wining something else
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing Humans vs Gobbos yesterday. My star blitzer and a skilled blitzer were both killed by 1dBs from rookie gobbos! Now that is impressive. I would never 1db if you don't have block or wrestle but you never know..
(Well ok one of the Gobbo's wasn't a rookie as he had a move increase but that didn't exactly help him make fatal blows..)

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I routinely do 1d and -2d blocks if I have block or wrestle. Even a push is good sometimes to prevent the block on their turn (which has a far better chance to take me down then a skull)

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If it helps.

Like everything. Sometimes a 1d is a brilliant way to push the other squad into a spot they won't recover from, or just a solid way to attack the ball at full stretch, or sometimes it's a pretty stupid way to get -ma on your superstar troll slayer where the block didn't even do anything if it worked.

Sometimes the best thing your ST 3 killer can do when hung up on a rookie lino off the play is nothing. In fact, quite often the right thing to do is nothing, bloodbowl is weird like that, sometimes tying up a rookie zombie over there, and eating a 1d every turn, is actually the best thing for them to do, and if they fail it you can get way ahead in the positioning game.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm in a strong position, I'm probably not going to go for a lot of 1dbs. For one thing, I probably don't need to. For another, why jeopardize my position by taking unnecessary risks? Sure it's only a 1 in 6 chance, but is it worth freeing up an opposing player to run over and mess up my plans? Staying tied up man to man is a better way to maintain control of the game.

If I'm in a weak position, it's 1db city. I probably don't have any choice to begin with, but I will gladly take the risk anyhow. Even if I don't have the numbers or the position to make something happen, I can always try and see if I have the dice to make something happen. A lucky 1db pow or two is a powerful equalizer; depending on circumstances, even a push can kick off a chain reaction that will unravel a defensive line.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I use 1DBs when my confidence in winning is high and I am trying to press my advantage.

I use 1DBs when my confidence in winning is low and I am trying to stem the tide or change the momentum.

I use 1DBs when I see a sneaky way to make a play that will surf an opponent, knock loose the ball or achieve some other game changing goal.

Those are all the times when it really pays to 1DB, even if it fails to work.

I don't use 1DBs when I think it is better to be patient and the direction of the game is very much in doubt. No matter which way the momentum is going, if it is close to even, it usually isn't worth the risk.
Harad

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I roll a die, if it’s a 3+ I’m feeling lucky and go for the 1d.
 Jump to: