39 coaches online • Server time: 00:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Take the double or build a ball carrier?
Sure Hands
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Side Step
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mighty Blow
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Guard
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Something else (please specify)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Freshly slaughtered ghoul pie
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Joe1982

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So, first game in WIL and 2 of my 3 ghouls have been killed... Surviving ghoul has block taken already and rolls a double. I have lowest TV in the division and next two games against Norse and then Chaos, so the priority is survival. Since I only have one ghoul, this guy will be collecting the ball. Therefore, I tempted to skip the double and take sure hands. I'm also tempted by mighty blow since it could be a while before wights get mighty blow/tackle. Guard could help when tacklezones are on him but I doubt I'll be using him to get into contact much on defense, so might not be that useful, at least in the short term. Any thoughts on this appreciated. Team is here: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=899278
kummo

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually would suggest guard. Good long term skill and with blodge he isn't that vulnerable. If norse has tackle less so but you never know about next seasons opponents (or do you.. if there is no dorfs and chorfs in sight then maybe take guard.. blodgestep with guard is so goood.. agility skills aren't that good with mighty blow so i'd take guard instead).

BUT

Since you have only one ghoul and since you don't have much gold form 2nd and since you mentioned wanting surehands i voted surehands. Personally i would probably go for guard and in future games either carry with wight or handover to wight (probably handover to make guard useful also on offense). You want to skill wights and that would be best way to do it now - to score with them.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard, guard, guard. Oh, also get you some guard. With a little guard on top. Get it? Guard it? Good... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is often best but I wouldn't take it in this case. You only have one ghoul left, no regeneration or apo, he is Av7... Do you really want him on the front line against nasty things like dwarfs? And who will carry the ball, especially if you might be facing elfs with strip ball? Depends a bit on who you will be facing next, but I'd probably go sure hands, maybe mighty blow if you blitz with him then retreat behind the screen (but then he's not ball-carrying... Sure hands!)
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands. Not even close.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

resist death skill

seriously, yr gools were very unlucks in our game.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

think long term and go guard...your wights can BC just as well as the ghouls while you rebuild and the guard will come in handier for next season
Prez

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Id say SH too, guard is nice but having Ghouls in the thick of things isn't really you want them. Probably down to zero ghouls very quickly Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Really appreciate all the thoughts, everyone 😊 not entirely decided yet but will probably go sure hands. Whilst guard might be useful in the long term, I might well not get to the long term without some tight, odds-focused, cautious play. Any other thoughts please do let me know.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say sure hands is great long term. Ghouls are squishy, having 2 sure hands is not a problem. If rolls any stat, great for a baller. If not, then SideStep, Tackle great skills for a baller. You will have enough skills to take no matter what you roll, Guard wont be missed.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, bghandras.And cheers pythrr - it was a nasty game but despite the bad luck my team is just about operational, so ill take that! Reckon I'll get another go at your nasty guard wall sometime and a chance for revenge (but hopefully not soon...) thanks again for everyone's thoughts - it is great how opinions differ amongst excellent coaches - there is no one way to win at blood bowl.
sjoh1141

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What about something crazy like thick skull, to help them stay on the pitch and not get injured.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure hands. You do not want your av7 no regen in close combat with others if you can avoid it:)
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2018 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have gone for Sure Hands as well, although developing a ghoul thrower could be fun ! And guard, yes, of course, is always a safe and valuable investmblablablah. Also ghoul pie sounds good.
 Jump to: