50 coaches online • Server time: 10:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tlinke

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Sorry for making a question that I'm sure is dumb.
But how in the HELL am I supposed to easily know what an "m" injury means? What is an It, a Cs and a vp?
When getting my head bashed in by an enemy player, is there any way of knowing what a particular player skill does without resorting to an external resource?

Things like that are incredibly frustrating and are a hinderance to new players.

I'd suggest introducing mouseovers (as in you mouseover "Cs" in your team stats and it says what that means).
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You do have read the rules of Blood Bowl have you? Then it should be a no problem to guess those meanings.

M=miss next game
It=interception
Cs=casualties caused by blocking
vp=mvp=most valuable player.

I know there is a learning curve to learn all the skills but it is pretty fast actually once you have player a few games. You will learn the most used ones easily, like block, tackle, dodge etc.

Mouseover thingies could be helpful but I think it is not allowed to write rules in this website.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

tlinke wrote:

I'd suggest introducing mouseovers (as in you mouseover "Cs" in your team stats and it says what that means).

This would be something very, very, very low on Christers list of 'Things to do', but never say never.

In any case, if you've read the rules of the site you are required to have a personal copy of the game to play. Thus you 'must' have the rules & know them right? wink, wink.

Bloodbowl is, overall, not so easy for a beginner & takes time to learn. If you are someone that doesn't care to put too much into a game at first to learn it then this is likely not for you.

Try the 145 club. It's a great place for beginners to learn & get help from veteran coaches.

Welcome to Fumbbl Exclamation

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, thanks for the reply.

Having to check the rules whenever I need to know a basic piece of info is exactly what I mean by needing an external resource. It's just handy design, having need-to-know info easily accessible.

This is a very welcoming community, but it's not a welcoming game. It'd be nice to see some basic "quality of life" design improvements. I have no idea whether or not that'd be a hard thing to do.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "the best way of knowing what those pretty basic things mean is already knowing it beforehand or checking on an external source" is not optimized user experience.

Just my 2 cents.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

In game you can label both your players and your opponent's skills by holding down shift and right clicking. And labels you add to your own players will stay for all subsequent games too. Hope this helps

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2018 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

tlinke wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry for making a question that I'm sure is dumb.
But how in the HELL am I supposed to easily know what an "m" injury means? What is an It, a Cs and a vp?
When getting my head bashed in by an enemy player, is there any way of knowing what a particular player skill does without resorting to an external resource?

Things like that are incredibly frustrating and are a hinderance to new players.

If you go to an individual players page like this one and mouse over the CP, TD, VP etc. it does exactly that. Sure it doesn't for skills or injuries, but there's a lot to learn in the game that is just impossible to cover with mouseover notes and from what I understand FUMBBL may not be allowed to recreate the rules as it might be viewed as infringing on GW's rights.

Short answer: Get rules, read rules, practice and ask questions - you'll be fine.
tlinke

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:

If you go to an individual players page like this one and mouse over the CP, TD, VP etc. it does exactly that.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant.
The whole rule reproducing thing makes sense, I guess.

Also super helpful the labeling thing Seventyone said. I didn't know you could do that.

Thank you all for replying.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Labeling is super handy, but it's Shift-LEFT-Click not right and be careful to not accidently purchase inducements when you're labeling in the pre-match process Wink
 Jump to: