47 coaches online • Server time: 15:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 12:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I love these guys:

I don't think I've ever seen zombie #12 on the pitch, which is a shame. He's awesome.

One guy I have seen on the pitch a lot, is this guy
That's because there is only one human blitzer.

I know uniforms should perhaps be, umm, uniform. But I like a bit of variety on the pitch.

So after the fun I had with the khorne icons, I'm going to have a crack at expanding the current set so that each player on the pitch is unique.

Top priorities:

Image, Human blitzer expand from 1 to 4
Image, Human linemen expand to 6
Image, Amazon linewomen, expand to 6 (is this enough?)
Image, Chaos beastmen expand to 8
Image, Goblins, expand to 10
Image, High Elf linemen, expand to 6
Image, Khemri skeleton, expand to 6
Image Norse lineman, expand to 8
Image Skaven linerat, expand to 6
Image Underworld goblins, expand to 10
Image Thrall, expand to 10
Image Wood Elf lineman, expand to 8
Image Wood Elf catcher, expand to 4
Image Wood Elf lineman, expand to 2

Lower priority:

Image, Orc lineman, expand to 6
Image, Hobgoblin, expand to 6
Image Skaven thrower, expand to two.
Image, Dark Elf Assassin, expand to 2
Image, Dark Elf lineman, expand to 6
Image, Elf lineman, expand to 6
Image Wood Elf thrower, expand to 2

Please let me know if I've missed any, or if I have my numbers or priorities wrong.

Last edited by ramchop on Apr 17, 2018 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total
Harad

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton used to field zombie 12 quite a lot.
Hard to know if your priorities are wrong without knowing what else is going on in your life Wink but if you have the time for this it would be a lovely contribution.
I think there's a typo at the end where you mean wood elf thrower. Unimportant but just to check,
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramchop, I for one appreciate the work you have put into this and the other project. Thank you.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

the zombies kinda correspond to raised players too Smile

I was setting the x,y for raised zombies for necro team bios for a while.

There's (to my eye) - human lino, woodie lino, HE lino, Zon blitzer, zon catcher, froggie mans, dorf troll slayer.

Nurgz got the rat of course and the PE blitzer...

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Since we are talking about icons, I'm still waiting for the Orc Renegade to be added.
It's a shame considering the icon is ready.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
icon stuff

Great stuff ramchop, good luck with the project.

MattDakka wrote:
Since we are talking about icons, I'm still waiting for the Orc Renegade to be added.

Is it not? I spec'd a game yesterday and I spotted one:
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?replay=1059517

Bio template here.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

cdwat wrote:
ramchop wrote:
icon stuff

Great stuff ramchop, good luck with the project.

MattDakka wrote:

Is it not? I spec'd a game yesterday and I spotted one:
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?replay=1059517

That is a league game. I think he would like it to be available in Ranked and the Box.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Black Box Chaos Renegade team not ready, and when I select to buy a player no Orc Renegade is displayed on the menu.
Yes I'm talking about Black Box, for the record.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Love your work ramchop.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nick Kelsch made the V2 icons (aka the human blitzer). I saw an action shot of a human team he took as a demonstration and there was a second blitzer. I never managed to track it down though.

One of the problems (for me) is that the team from 2 years ago had definitely taken icon making a step further than before. Further than the V2 NK icons. Sadly none of them are making icons for the site now. So I feel there are techniques that have been lost for any new batch of icons.

One thing I had on the agenda for Khemri was to make the away kit a little more authentic. Change the dark blue to an Egyptian turqoise colour and to give extra contrast make the bone a aged dark cream/beige colour. I seem to remember doing some as a test.....

Like we did with HE, DE and Lizards you can think out of the box a little when it comes to home and away kits.

Last edited by harvestmouse on Apr 17, 2018 - 19:11; edited 1 time in total
gpope

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Image, Amazon linewomen, expand to 6 (is this enough?)

I would say they need 8 as much as norse, if not more. It's fairly rare for zon teams to carry more than 5 positionals (many of them only take the 4 blitzers, sometimes less for ultra lean teams) and they're squishy so they usually have a few extra linos to sub in as the casualties pile up.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

yo HM, how about you have a look at some of the custom icons people make for SL/CIBBL/BIBBL before saying "techniques that have been lost".

Yes, i understand, there's lot so talented guys no longer here, but less laments buddy!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Think of the icons as 3 eras.

1. Pat era

2. Nick Kelsch era

3. Whatball era

With experience of the client and the icons available each took the available icons to a new revolutionary level using new techniques. A lot of the existing icons however are still from the NK era. So you're going back an era and trying to recreate the wheel that WB so skillfully 7-3 years ago. Between us we learnt, experimented, created rules that new icon makers cannot possibly be aware of. For example Mr Furious style of highlighting/shading? Or Whatball's guidelines on doing diagonal pixels? I believe that's all lost.

Possibly there's someone now that has more talent than anybody in the past (that's not what I am saying). However they'll be going back an era of icons and trying to bring the icons on to a level or further than what was achieved before. So yes techniques will have been lost. I am not saying they cannot make better icons.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 21:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting stuff. As I said with my & cdwat's khorne project, I'm not a picon artist. There won't be any fantastic zombie #12s. What there will be is a bit more variety sourced from bits and pieces of what is already out there. Something like the pitfighter expansion.

From this:

To this:

So nothing revolutionary. Very keen to hear feedback, on what I could do better. I'm going to have a crack and leave it to those above to accept/decline. Like the Pact/Underwrold logos someone created a year or two ago, if it's not quite right it won't make it across the line.

As for the talent pool. I found this fun, and will continue to fiddle. If there are any genuine artists out there who want to have a go also, please do so.
 Jump to: