19 coaches online • Server time: 03:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey. Im in dire help for what to do with my 1350 DE.

they are 5-0-0, but three of the games my opponent have conceeded, leaving me with too much money and to few skills on the right players.

I started the team according to the "variation 4", in the DE starting roster example on this page, after watching the Sage play a few games with it.

The line up now is
4 blitzers, 1 with tackle.
1 WE, with juggernought
the rest are linemen. 1 with wrestle and one with dodge. Im thinking rest will be wrestle/block, 1 with kick 1 with dirty player.

I have 12 players, 3 rr, 1 apo.

140k in the bank.

Should i get another WE? A runner? go up to 13 players, or wait untill 1 die, or i get to much money, fire a lineman and stay at 12?

Thanks for all help!
jdm

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like you're exactly where you want to be. Shame about the concessions. I'd stick at 12 players until you've got a few more skills on your team, DE are quite survivable, esp when they've got a skill or two.

Once you've got all your Blitzers with 1 skill and another skill on your witch elf I'd look to go up to 13 players, maybe 14.

You're in a good place but probably feel you didn't have to put much effort in to get there Smile get some guard where possible and personally I'd go kick next on lineman and skip dp.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves with a bench and rerolls are very good.

Witch elves are very good too.

If you want to get fancy, you can try a runner or an assassin, but not both.

Try not to have too many av7 on the field at the same time.

Keep enough in the bank to replace a blitzer or two.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. Ill be trying to level up the blitzers, and hopefully the witch will get a second skill by then as well. Thinking wrestle if normal. Just had 2 bad games with em. 1 game where i got a few spp from killing woodies and a td on a blitzer who skilled. The tackle blitzer had a field day and skilled again as well. He conceeded turn 15 though, before I could do another td and skill another blitzer. Prob coz he was a fraid I was going to foul his ag5 wardancer... And of course, I was going too. Had already killed the other so guess he didnt want to lose both. The other game crashed. SO got a loss Sad (guess thats only 1 bad game and 1... allright ish)

Have 180k now. buy and sell cheerleaders down too 150k untill I have the skilled blitzers and WE?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

290k is where you need to waste money to protect it from expensive mistakes, no?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Does BB2 have expensive mistakes? Cause that's where he's playing the team I believe...thus the concessions.
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it's in BB2. Fumbbl has the best players/support though. So i come here to get it from the Pros!

In BB2 every dime over 150k starts to add to your team value. So 180k is an extra 30 TV.

In the CCL there are like no concessions. Since you get like a short ban after two. If you are not at like 2 or 3 players left on the field, then you can concede wo penalties. I however thought that I wanted to play a bit more chill for a while. SHorter turns in open and I wanted to try DE. Its my first DE team. I have however paleyed alot of humans, Wood elves and Highelves. And DE kinda feel like a mix of those. So transition wasnt that hard.
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

And a quick shout out too all of you here. Because I played some blood bowl first, wo really looking at how to do it. Won the first leauge I played (with humans :O), because everyone else was just as newb as me. Then I started playing CCL, and it went... meh.

Started looking at fumbbles forums and old games, and the Sage since he is always ranting about the quality of the Fumbbl players and forums. After that, my coaching skills has like trippled. From "meh" to "passable", even "okay".

So thank you all for that.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The next step is playing on FUMBBL, what are you waiting for?
Razz
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha Ive tried. Had a bit of a hard time getting used to the format, but I will Smile
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

KarlYaeger wrote:
Yes it's in BB2. Fumbbl has the best players/support though. So i come here to get it from the Pros!

Don't forget the give back from time to time.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
KarlYaeger wrote:

Don't forget the give back from time to time.

Wow, didnt know about that! ty for pointing it out!
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's BB2, you probably should be looking into putting that money into your stadium. It's 100k for the level up and 100k for the enhancement itself, so you can save up for it without hitting the bankroll penalties. I'd go with the one that gives free bribes, but that's for every team because I like fouling so it's probably not actually optimal. For actually sound advice, Dark Elves probably want the one that adds +1 to crowdsurf rolls since they have frenzy peices.

Stadium upgrades don't affect TV, and thus can be a good way to dump early concession money.
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2018 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I just did 5 crowdsurfs last game. So that kinda sounds nice Razz
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2018 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

5 crowdsurfs! :0. Sounds like you don’t need to worry about choices against these fellas Smile

Definitely worth to try more on fumbll. Very rare to have opponents leave a game early. Happens but not much.