45 coaches online • Server time: 15:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2018 - 05:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Bone colour, I don't really mind.

Hat, I'd love to see it as bling on a thro-ra. It doesn't work without the gold
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2018 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:

Personally I find it a thrill to see the S3 khorne icons in action, and won't mind at all if replaced by something else in the future.

The khorne icons were always nice. The first time I used them with a fire style pitch it was an amazing experience.

Jim_Fear wrote:
Mouse, so you do the highlight smudge as a overlay layer? Also, much appreciation for the advice and guidance. Best of luck with the move.

No. I haven't and can't see a reason for using layers with player icons. Maybe if you had generic hair styles and generic shading.

Here is a picture of a large example:

Picture 1: I have coloured the armour with an strong outline and the darkest colour I wish to use.

Picture 2: I colour the part with the strongest highlight (with this size I should have done a larger section) with the lightest colour I wish to use.

Picture 3: I smudge outwards.

Picture 4-7: I have repeated.

Picture 8: I start to tidy up. I redo the outline and add a paint brush shading just in side of the outline with the outline colour.

Picture 9: I make sure everything is uniform. I do one last highlight that has much less smudging.

This technique works for shiny services. e.g. shoulder pads, helmets and boney heads!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 13:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Here's where we got to with the Norse linos

- cdwat made the Ice Blue for the away strip and the hair recolouring
- mixed up the order a bit to break up the original brown beards
- Ginga replaced (troll slayers are the only ginge)
- the 10th one "Sally" might be a bit controversial. Being #10 she is highly unlikely to change a favorite player into a female. Call her an easter egg if you like.

An Ice Blue version of positionals has also been completed.

Last edited by ramchop on Apr 25, 2018 - 21:17; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I like them a lot
The ice blue is nice but it breaks from fumbbl normal away colours?

Generally they could use more team colour area on them I feel. Like the eye patch guy number 4 he's just got fairly small area of pants
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
but it breaks from fumbbl normal away colours?

As long as it remains legible for those with colorblindness it should be ok. Lizardmen, Dark Elves and Slann already deviate from the standard red/blue.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse icons are nice, well done!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work Rampchop. Having a variety of digital icons makes the game that much better.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Objective: Khemri Icon Update

Originals on the left, with the proposed changes on the right

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Changes

Linemen: Bone color for both Home and Away were modified, giving each a unique color. The blue of the Away kit was updated to a lighter shade, closer remembering turquoise, and the gold was brighten, giving the Away kit a more distinctive look. The total number of unique icons were increased to eight (Cool. This includes Linemen #7, sporting a golden boot, a nod to those who love to foul.

Blitz-Ra: Same color modifications for the Bone color for both Home and Away, and the change to the blue from the Away kit.

Throw-Ra: Complete icon recreation for Throw-Ra #2. Same color modifications for the Bone color for both Home and Away, and the change to the blue from the Away kit.

Tomb Guardians: Same color modifications for the Bone color for both Home and Away, and the change to the blue from the Away kit. The change to the bone color is reflected in the bandages of the Tomb Guardians.

Rational

The bone color change was to give the Khemri skeletons a distinct look from the Undead skeletons. The cream/beige color of the Away kit was selected to give an aged bone appearance, and accent the turquoise color of the armor. The turquoise was selected as it is still part of the blue family, while being one of the main colors of the ancient Egyptian palette. Once the Away kit was completed we attempted to several different variation of bone color on the Home kit, ultimately decided not to go with the exact same cream/beige shade as the Away kit, in an effort to set a clearer distinction between Home and Away. The bone color of the Home kit is a dirtier shade than the standard bone color, allowing for more “pop” from the gold and reds. The original red was retained as it is also a traditional color of the Egyptian palette.

Throw-Ra icon #2 was redone due to opinions that the “football helmet” on the original icon did not fit very well with the rest of the team. Yes, they are all here to play Blood Bowl, but all the other icons looks as though they have just emerged from a tomb, while Thrower #2 looks like they were buried wearing a helmet. The crest on the new icon keeps with the theme of “Throw-Ra’s wear hats.”

Here is how the new icons appear on the pitch:

At this point we would like the Blood Bowl community to review the proposed changes and suggest any edits they feel necessary.

Thank you.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The icons look great to me.
The only detail I never liked is the Blitzers' horned skulls because they give the impression of a Beastman skeleton, rather than a Human skeleton.
I'd really love the Blitzer icons with a Human skull and wearing a fancy helmet (for example Ramtut's helmet or a similarly shaped helmet, with horizontal golden and coloured stripes).
gpope

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
The icons look great to me.
The only detail I never liked is the Blitzers' horned skulls because they give the impression of a Beastman skeleton, rather than a Human skeleton.
I'd really love the Blitzer icons with a Human skull and wearing a fancy helmet (for example Ramtut's helmet or a similarly shaped helmet, with horizontal golden and coloured stripes).

I do appreciate the distinction between thro-ras having hats and blitz-ras not. Giving them gold helmets would make it less intuitive to tell them apart, even if they were styled differently.

One possibility, IMO, would be to redo the heads to make them look more like they're wearing a larger beast skull as a helmet rather than having big old beast heads (which I was under the impression was the intent); make the top half bulkier and have a distinct separation between it and the jaw to show that the horned skull-helmet is layered on top. Accomplishing this is completely beyond my mediocre pixel art skills, however, and I have no real complaint with the excellent batch just produced.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz ras are not meant to be a human skeleton. The original figure line were of a crocodile type mythical warriors that is common in Egyptian lore with horns. They shouldn't be human in appearance. I guess a longer snout could help.
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderful work ! Those look fantastic ! I am now anxious to see new human blitzers, those sorely need some variety.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Blitz ras are not meant to be a human skeleton. The original figure line were of a crocodile type mythical warriors that is common in Egyptian lore with horns. They shouldn't be human in appearance. I guess a longer snout could help.

I see, thanks.
With those horns and lowered snout position it looked as a bovine skull to me.
Weird because in WHFB Khemri army books there is no mention of crocodile warriors, nor miniatures representing crocodile warriors.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I checked 6th ed and they arent in there. However the bb team is based off of the 5th ed book which i dont have. I am thinking there was a tomb guard alternative maybe
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2018 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No crocodile-headed men in 5th ed. book either.
Ushabti are the only animal-headed troops, but they are animated statues, like golems, and not human-sized anyway.
 Jump to: