18 coaches online • Server time: 06:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
havaji

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So, i've created a group for a few friends to mess around in, trying out skill combinations and rosters. I've assigned a custom ruleset (764) to the group that specifies 7 normal and one double skill from game 0 (0:7N1D). When i create a team i'm redirected to the Team Options page where i can select my skills. All is working fine.

When my friends create a team the Team Options page is blank, so they can't choose any skills. I, however, can go to the Team Options page of the team they created and select the skills for them, but even when i have done so, they can't see the skills on the options page.

Anyone know why?
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

havaji wrote:
So, i've created a group for a few friends to mess around in, trying out skill combinations and rosters. I've assigned a custom ruleset (764) to the group that specifies 7 normal and one double skill from game 0 (0:7N1D). When i create a team i'm redirected to the Team Options page where i can select my skills. All is working fine.

When my friends create a team the Team Options page is blank, so they can't choose any skills. I, however, can go to the Team Options page of the team they created and select the skills for them, but even when i have done so, they can't see the skills on the options page.

Anyone know why?

Which league? Which teams?

Red Hook Horrors looks OK.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

They might need to play a single game in order to be awarded these skills. To test it. run a game then have 1 player conceed the game T1 then after see if he can do his skills.

I know the legends league that runs custom skill progression works this way.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No this should be ok without playing a game.

What is the type/ruleset setting of your group? Did you changed it? If yes, when and wat was its settings before the change?

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote]

Which league? Which teams?

Red Hook Horrors looks OK.[/quote]

No league yet, just the group (Bessemerwissers). Do i need a league as well? I'm confused...

Red Hook Horrors was created by my buddy but the skills are assigned by me. It works i guess but requires a bit of a workaround so was just wondering if i did something wrong.
havaji

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
No this should be ok without playing a game.

What is the type/ruleset setting of your group? Did you changed it? If yes, when and wat was its settings before the change?

Type is "league". I've fiddled with the ruleset back and forth but not much with the group (if i recall correctly).
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks OK to me.

Are you sure that they are not just using ancient web browsers or something? Wink

That they did create their teams from the "create team" link on the group page.

do you have a link to a team that does not work?

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It looks OK to me.

Are you sure that they are not just using ancient web browsers or something? Wink

That they did create their teams from the "create team" link on the group page.

do you have a link to a team that does not work?

Yes, cretaed from the link in the group. Could outdated browers cause this kind of behaviour? We tried playing a game with the teams, everything seems to work other than the fact that they can't assign the skills themselves for their own teams, and can't see them either once i've assigned them. So far only one coach has tried so might be on his end.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had another try. It didn't seem to work in Edge. Tell 'em to try Chrome.

If that is definitely it raise a bug report.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, confirmed browser related. Thanks for the help, would never have guessed it myself.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad it solved. Please tell us what browser. If it should be supported then it deserves a BUG report.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 11:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, the set of browsers that I intend to support is:
- Latest version of Firefox
- Latest version of Chrome
- Latest version of Edge
- Latest version of IE available for the oldest currently supported version of Windows.
- Latest version of Safari on MacOS

At the time of writing, this means:
- Firefox 59
- Chrome 65
- Edge 41
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari 11 (macOS 10.11 El Capitan and later)
havaji

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So, just to close this thread, the browser was a ridiculously outdated firefox version on a tightly controlled work-laptop, so the weird quirks were really no surprise.
 Jump to: