47 coaches online • Server time: 10:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you buy death rollers for your dwarf teams?
Yes
47%
 47%  [ 22 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
no pancakes :' (
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Mac was here
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 46

Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 03, 2018 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

My dwarf team has 15 players and 100k in treasury.

Should I save for a death roller?

Traditionally, death rollers aren't worth the TV, but can be fun. In the past, when I bought a death roller, I lost every game. Eventually just dropped it.

With the new argue the ref and easier to buy bribes, does the fun factor now outweigh the in-game disadvantages?

Post   Posted: May 03, 2018 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan, personally.

But then, I'm not really a Dwarf coach.
gpope

Post   Posted: May 03, 2018 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Keeping the deathroller on a 1 in 6 argue roll doesn't really justify the TV but it sure does tilt the opponent in a hurry.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: May 03, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I use them but then I am crazy Embarassed Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 03, 2018 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Only way I can play dorfs is with the roller.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort killed the captain of the Ranked Amateurs with a Deathroller, in a charity game.

Valen beat me in NCBB, in great part by rolling 6, 6 on ATC with his Deathroller.

But in open Ranked or Box, Deathrollers suck. They make okay inducements, I guess.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't have a Toaster if you don't buy one.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Match-ups based on TV make it difficult to justify the roller. However, I think they may be ok if you plan to enter a tournament or use them in a league. Would you rather have the roller and give up that much in inducements?

I still have rollers on my dwarf squads despite my own questions on the issue.
Grod

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are going to bloat out to 15 players... then yes why not a death roller. Without the wizard, bloat is less of an issue these days. Nonetheless, I had great success with a deathroller on my SWL League team once it got large enough. What I found is the death roller helped me be competitive vs exactly the teams I had trouble with (high Strength teams like Khemri as well as Claw Chaos teams). Vs Elf teams, the deathroller doesnt help at all, but these teams I felt pretty confident against anyway.

Oscar Wilde
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

idk... I have faced 1 in League for 4 or 5 season in a row.
It seems like most of the time I am able to isolate the roller to the Center make it roll through a Line Orc and score up the sidelines to rid myself of it for the game. And if a Reroll keeps it in game I still just isolate it and steal the ball or stall out the opponent (sometimes because the Roller IMPLODES).
But this particular Dorf team I'm facing doesn't have much Depth AND the don't use Runners OR Slayers. And that probably skews my opinion on the Roller.

But the last time I played those Dorf the ROllER was a NIGHTMARE to handle. I think it was the addition of Break Tackle that made it possible. I was sure I was going to lose that game but was able to win.
My Orcs were no to be denied this year. Undefeated league Champs after mainly finishing 3rd through 5th. But then if you saw my team... you might wonder if my Orcs were bred with Elves.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Break Tackle definitely increases the usefulness of the Death Roller. And I've seen it used in combination with other stand firm players to create quite the sideline cage, with the Pancake Maker leading the way.

I think it's fun and fluffy. I also don't think it drastically affect the success of the team in either a good or bad way. Just different. Gotta have a deep team, though, so you're not stuck with giving up an 8 turn drive only to have to field it for a turn and get sent off. I remember seeing that happen and the dorf coach was quite despondent.
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried one for a bit with my box dwarves. It was fun. When I wanted to enter them in a tourney, I dropped it. Your call Smile
 Jump to: