52 coaches online • Server time: 23:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 21:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And here's why:

1 is too slow to get maximum use from his fend and thick skull is a mistake that doesnt justify the TV.

2 is -av and will always be a target. Best to bin young before he eats spp.

4 the last three skill choices are sub optimal and at his TV he has to punch his weight and win games alone, does he?

5 Human Throwers are awful, and without +ag by three skills should be binned. If not then Leader instead of accurate. But i see why you did it with all the +ag around to pass to.

7 Lovely +str and maybe a potion contender, but no double to round him off. Again at that TV needs to dominate games. unlikely to.

11 You missclicked and took +av. Also -ag means no longer a utility player and not worth developing.

12 Linemen don't need +MA as the blitzers and catchers have all the speed you need. Add an injury and its bye bye time.

14 -stat that young means death.

15 liability.

16 never going to catch anyone to use that +str tackle. Not the worst but will likely hold you back.

Last edited by PurpleChest on May 14, 2018 - 21:55; edited 1 time in total
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I would certainly get rid of the Ma 6 Blitzer as Blitzers good move is important. Plus Fend and thick skull isn't great development for a Blitzer. First purchase is replacement blitzer.

I would bin the av6 guy. Block and wrestle and sneaky git with low armour means he is rather expensive for his dirty player antics.
So both of those 2 players I mention have injuries on top of poor skill combination.

I think ag2 for a lino isn't great as they can't dodge away. So he should perhaps go now.

Others can go later.
Probably weird skill choice is partly why your team got bashed up when it moved up in TV.

Last edited by garyt1 on May 14, 2018 - 21:58; edited 1 time in total
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PC is a bit over the top on throwers being bad. In fact they are good! Not much extra tv for sure hands and pass. They are your carriers unless you risk using strength 2 carriers but well protected.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Throwers are great at low TV but they don't develop well. Throwers with 3-4 skills and no +stats are the albatross of human teams. You can grit your teeth and keep plugging away in the hope that they'll roll something good, but the difference in utility between a rookie thrower and a thrower with 3 normal rolls is pretty marginal, so it's very tempting to fire them and fish for more +stat rolls. In this case I think that's something to save for when the rest of the lineup is rebuilt, though; the thrower's not too bloated and that 70k would be better spent elsewhere.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My burning question is...

Why the hell does an otherwise cool (if beat up) team like the Holy Sun Gladiators have a lame ass anthem like Black Hole Sun?

"Won't you come? Won't you cooooooooooooome?" One of Cornell's worst songs ever.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2018 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all, i took note of your useful advice and mix it up with my vision of the team.
I know Chuck isn't a perfect blitzer, but i like him that way and he does the job on the field, so i won't fire him.
Thick skull on the blitzer was indeed an awful choice, though. He's gone now.

@Sigmar1 : i don't know, i like it. Nostalgia, maybe ^^

Jump to: