29 coaches online • Server time: 11:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
denthegod

Post   Posted: May 16, 2018 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I just started playing the Vampire team and I have been trying to learn to implement the Hypnotic Trance into my gameplan. My question is how long does the Trance last if I manage to hit the other player with it? Sometimes I see them take an action when my turn ends and sometimes they sit there for a couple of turns. Thanks for any help.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: May 16, 2018 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

They call it Trance in bb2?
Gartch

Post   Posted: May 16, 2018 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

An hypnotized player just need to take an action to remove the effect of hypnotic gaze.

Note: the action can be: do nothing, act just to remove the hypnotic gaze (in this case this player cannot act later in the turn, this count as his or her action for this turn)
denthegod

Post   Posted: May 16, 2018 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the quick reply and clarification. Picked a Vampire team by random but they have a unique gameplay aspect to them in that the Vampires are so good but they have that glaring weakness so I decided to roll with them. Having a lot of fun and watching the team implode doesn't suck as bad if you can find humor in it. Thanks again.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Come and try some games on FUMBBL. Though may be give a more forgiving team a go. Perhaps Necromantic or Orcs for example.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Join us and check out few coaches (help me out guys!) who are Vampire masters.
JmBeers

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a debate around if pro is good on vamps. Pro should be on every vamp. The other people are wrong.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JmBeers wrote:
There is a debate around if pro is good on vamps. Pro should be on every vamp. The other people are wrong.

Ok. I think you are probably correct. But at what point? First skil? After block? After Blodge? After blodge + 1 skill? If you have Blodge + Tackle you are less likely to need your team rerolls for anything except the blood lust.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
JmBeers wrote:

Ok. I think you are probably correct. But at what point? First skil? After block? After Blodge? After blodge + 1 skill? If you have Blodge + Tackle you are less likely to need your team rerolls for anything except the blood lust.

Depends on age of team, how many Vamps on roster, your plans on how to skill the individual Vamp, and all kinds of other questions.

Sometimes Pro 1st skill.
Sometimes take Dodge, Block or Wrestle THEN Pro.
Sometimes 2 skills of various combinations THEN Pro.

Personally, I like
1 Block then Pro
1 Dodge, Sure Hands, Block, Sure Feet and maybe THEN Pro
1 Block, Guard then Pro
1 Block, Mighty Blow then Pro

5th Vamp gets Pro 1st skill
BUT... you need to WAIT until your team is coming together before you go past 4 Vamps imo

And I ALWAYS seem to regret adding a 6th Vamp It seems like I lose every game after I add a 6th Vamp or if I add a 5th Vamp too soon. And not just lose... but just get crushed over and over again.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
JmBeers wrote:

Ok. I think you are probably correct. But at what point? First skil? After block? After Blodge? After blodge + 1 skill?

Generally as third or fourth skill, after Blodge.
CroixFer

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Kondor wrote:
JmBeers wrote:

Ok. I think you are probably correct. But at what point? First skil? After block? After Blodge? After blodge + 1 skill?

Generally as third or fourth skill, after Blodge.

+1
JmBeers

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

All correct. Mostly I was just trying to get a new coach to think about the skill on vamps. 5th, and 6th vamps should be taking it at skill 1 or two. If all other vamps are pro then I have not had an issue running 6 vamps all on the field. The 5/pro hypon rolls make protecting a ball extremely hard. I personally think vamps should be the most aggressive defensive team in the entire game making pro a necessity. AG+ and ST+ are great and I'll pass on MA+ because I think the skill is more valuable in the long run.
Harad

Post   Posted: May 17, 2018 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have found +ma incredibly valuable on vampires. I would take it ahead of pro. And I take pro on all vampires.
denthegod

Post   Posted: May 18, 2018 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, guys thanks for all of the suggestions!

There is something I need to get out of the way first. I am horribad at strategy games. This is the first strategy video game I have played since Romance of the Three Kingdoms on the original Nintendo Entertainment system. I never really played strategy games because I have a really short attention span and patience for them. I can only play video games for a half hour straight max. Offline I can save and exit whenever I want. I like Street Fighter and other fighting and action games because they are 'quick fix' type games. Because of this I don't and can't really play this game online. I played once online and I got really bored after about 40 minutes. This game requires thought and strategy and I get that so I whole heartedly admit the problem is with me. I do however have patience for board games so I actually went to my local board game store and bought this and am learning this from the guys over there.

With that said: I just got through my fourth game in that Eternal League mode. I took the team through a tournament in League mode to learn the team synergy before that. I now have 5 Vampires and I have one Thrall missing the next game and another that just got killed so I'm gonna be spending some cash on Thralls in the next game. On top of that I got one Thrall that got a broken neck 4 games ago and he's a -1 on strength right now. I would scrap him but the guy is a freaking soldier. I keep putting him in the line of scrimmage and he just keeps getting the job done. He still gets knocked out but it's always later in the game where I almost don't need him any more. Hell, I've seen him get knocked out 3 times in one game. Every time I think he's gonna bite it it says 'no long term effect'. His name is Diodor Slavic and he is a total badass.

Anyways thanks for helping me out and thank you for welcoming me.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: May 18, 2018 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

denthegod wrote:
Hey, guys thanks for all of the suggestions!

There is something I need to get out of the way first. I am horribad at strategy games. This is the first strategy video game I have played since Romance of the Three Kingdoms on the original Nintendo Entertainment system. I never really played strategy games because I have a really short attention span and patience for them. I can only play video games for a half hour straight max. Offline I can save and exit whenever I want. I like Street Fighter and other fighting and action games because they are 'quick fix' type games. Because of this I don't and can't really play this game online. I played once online and I got really bored after about 40 minutes. This game requires thought and strategy and I get that so I whole heartedly admit the problem is with me. I do however have patience for board games so I actually went to my local board game store and bought this and am learning this from the guys over there.

With that said: I just got through my fourth game in that Eternal League mode. I took the team through a tournament in League mode to learn the team synergy before that. I now have 5 Vampires and I have one Thrall missing the next game and another that just got killed so I'm gonna be spending some cash on Thralls in the next game. On top of that I got one Thrall that got a broken neck 4 games ago and he's a -1 on strength right now. I would scrap him but the guy is a freaking soldier. I keep putting him in the line of scrimmage and he just keeps getting the job done. He still gets knocked out but it's always later in the game where I almost don't need him any more. Hell, I've seen him get knocked out 3 times in one game. Every time I think he's gonna bite it it says 'no long term effect'. His name is Diodor Slavic and he is a total badass.

Anyways thanks for helping me out and thank you for welcoming me.

Shocked This is one of the best posts I've read in a good long while. Welcome to fumbbl & feel free to post anytime w/ any questions or pm me if you like. I've played this game since 1st ed. back in 1987, I think, & it continues to be my favorite all time game. So keep at that table top too man. Bloodbowl is a a journey, not a destination Exclamation Razz

Jump to: