43 coaches online • Server time: 11:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 18, 2018 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, my league dark elf team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=887896 rolled 3 skillup decisions, and has a spending decision to make too

We're in the OBBA league cup and scheduled against necro https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=654774
They're 1770tv with a full 16 man roster. One wolf is rookie, the other is +ST block dodge. 2 dirty players, with wrestle
He's got 2 dodge (the wolf and a ghoul) 2 tacklers (wights) 1 guard 1 mighty blow, both on the same wight

If I win I'll face mostly smaller, elven teams
If I lose I'm out the cup, but next season will also face a lot of smaller elfy teams. So I want more tackle after this game

My team currently has been rolling a lot of stats, I have 3 guys with +AG and 3 with +MV, but no doubles

The skillup choices I have to make are:
Rookie lino rolled normal: kick, block, wrestle, or dirty player

Block Dodge blitzer rolled 5+6: +AG or tackle

Block, Dodge, +MA, +AG blitzer rolled double: guard, mighty blow, leap or tackle
I want to get leap on my ag5 guys, but I also have no guard or MB at the moment

The spending decision, I can finally get rid of loners and go to 12 man squad now. Or I could buy 4th reroll.
If I take 3 normal skills and spend nothing I'd be at 1650tv
If I take the +AG and the double it'd be 1680tv

Buying 4th RR adds 50k so I'd be at 1700-1730tv
Or
Buying 12th man adds 70k so I'd be at 1720-1750tv
So spending and taking +AG, double means no babe from inducements

I anticipate a lot of contact from the necro so would need to dodge a lot, so RR is appealing. So is a bench, or a babe though... Please give advice!
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: May 18, 2018 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say :

-Rookie lineman takes kick, although dirty player would also be tempting (if unconventional) given your matchup, especially if you buy a 12th

-Blodge blitzer takes +AG, because mobility is awesome and passing on a +AG roll with elves is a sure way to anger Nuffle

-Protein shake blitzer takes guard, because you will be able to put that guard just about anywhere you need it, and MB on an elf blitzer imo is mostly useful in combination with tackle

-Buy a 12th player. 3 rerolls is enough and you already have a decent amount of Dodge. The wolves, wights, fouls & golems are likely to take out at least a few of your elves. Having a replacement waiting on the bench is better than having a babe, because that's a player you have 100% chance to field on the next drive.
Loew

Post   Posted: May 18, 2018 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

my take:
- lineman takes kick, you have so much +MA, it really can disrupt your opponents recieving turn

- blodge blitzer: I would take +AG, but I think tackle would be the sensible choice...you have enough +AG and not enough tackle for an elf-heavy environment

- monster blitzer: MB, although he needs to get tackle soon after that. Guard would be good too, but this is not the player that should be in the middle of a skirmish

go to 12 player, elfs usually don't need 4 RRs
Gartch

Post   Posted: May 18, 2018 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Spookeh!

I think it depends a lot of how you play but that's what I would to:

_for the rookie lineman: I would take dodge, but it was not in your list:) in your list I would choose wrestle because so far you have no wrestle (so wrestle over block), I find the kick less useful versus good coaches so I don't choose it recently, and I would not choose dirty player with so few players (I would not take it with less than 14 players)

_for the dodge blitzer: I would choose +AG, the player has already dodge so it's immediatly useful, and you already have one tackle

_for the dodge+AG+MA blitzer: it's tough call but I would choose mighty blow: if later you roll a double on a lineman you can take guard on lineman, I prefer MB on blitzer because of the block, also you say you are going to play elves in the future: MB is better than guards vs elves

for the spending: I think it's better to have bench than a 4th reroll, usually I take the 4th reroll at high tv (around 2000) or if I'm going to face a lot of dwarves or teams with 5 or more tackles.

for the players I would buy more positionnals
_a witch: even if I don't like to have 2 witch with no wrestle/block (by the way I would not choose +MA before wrestle or block for witch), I think having 2 wtches is amazing

_ a runner: it's very useful against strip ball, you say you are going to face elves teams, I guess you are going to face SB, and I prefer to play with a runner rather than put sure hand on a blitzer, but I would buy it ony after the match vs necromantic because you would have to put one lineman with +AG on the los (but I think it worth it vs elves with SB)

_assassin could be useful versus elves too, but it would mean put your second +AG lineman on los, so it's problematic

I would not bother the TV: I guess you are playing with new rules with no wizard allowed, so I think having players and skills is better than inducements.
 Jump to: