30 coaches online • Server time: 07:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

An idea I had to improve the Dump Off skill would be to allow the ballcarrier to make a hand-off action, as an alternative to a quick pass. It would reduce the dice rolls required, if they have an adjacent receiver and make the skill more usable, without having to also have Nerves of Steel on the carrier.

I don't know if it would get chosen more on skill-ups, but it could make for some interesting tactics and would make the DE Runner more worthwhile.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JmBeers

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

its called nerves of steel.

Dump off is amazing. People don't take the DE Runner because of av 7 but more people should take do on other passers.
gpope

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

A handoff option might be overpowered. Being able to reduce a blitz to mere 1 in 6 odds of getting the ball loose? For a single skill? Granted it still takes good positioning but that shuts down ballcarrier sacks insanely hard.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

my ag5 dorf runner had DO, and used to to pass to the other ag4 dorf runner. fun times.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think dump off is good enough already when used properly. Handoff would be too good. Not unstoppable mind you, because NOS is pretty close already (but, fairly, costs a whole extra skill) and the blitzing team should be marking the catchers as best they can anyway.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

dump off pro elf catchers are amazing!!!!
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

robocoyote wrote:

That makes me imagine Harlem Globetrotters-esque team Dumping Off the ball to each other while hapless defenders stumble around trying to sack them while the whistling sounds of "Sweet Georgia Brown" plays throughout the stadium.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have one in the NCBB right now. it's retarted good
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

JmBeers wrote:
its called nerves of steel.

To be fair, my whole point is that if handoffs were allowed, it would make DO more useful, without having to have a whole second skill to enable it. Besides, even with NoS, there is still a pass roll to an adjacent player.

robocoyote wrote:

This is true. I've seen Pro Elf teams where one carrier catcher has DO and a second receiver one has leap. There is literally no way to stop them (unless they roll badly) - for just 2 skills! Wink (well, I guess a tents on the receiver one might, for teams that have access ..)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
robocoyote

Post   Posted: May 23, 2018 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed my normally strategy is pass the ball to the dump off catcher and send him up the field with a loose cage of line elves and 1-2 catchers nearby
 Jump to: