65 coaches online • Server time: 21:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
denthegod

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, one of my vampires just leveled up for the second time and rolled a 10. On his first level up I took block for him. The original plan was to get dodge next but now he has an opportunity to either get Movement Allowance +1 or an Armor Value +1. My question is should stat upgrades take priority over abilities? I have a couple of Vampires with Blodge already but I'd also like to know what I should be focusing on when I get these opportunities. Thank you for any input.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Take +MA & don't look back.
You will have the opportunity to use that extra MA each & every turn.
That makes it a great value on any player.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

vamps do well with stat increases

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires love +MA, being stuck at MA6 is a subtle but very major weakness and getting up to MA7 will drastically improve your scoring potential. I don't bother with +MA for all players but I will never think twice about it for vamps.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, take it. MA7 is great for a team that has blanket MA6 out of the box.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JmBeers

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

MA+ is good on almost every player with 6ma or less. You can make an argument to pass on the skill in a few spots but MA7 is a fast player in most games. The difference between 6 and 7 is a big difference, after that you may want to pass on 7 to 8 rolls or 8 to 9 rolls. I have never taken an AV upgrade in my entire blood bowl career.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MA 7 is excellent for your primary blitzing vamp, Block, MB, Tackle, Pro, maybe Dodge eventually, look after him with the rest of the team. Also works very well for a standard blodgestep pro sure hand fetcher/carrier, they just scream through to superstar and not too hard to legend.

I have an MA 8 hitter vamp in league, he's much better than my ST 5 or AG 6 ones, best Vamp I've ever had, by far, that speed with others to gaze gaps for him, just incredible, and can score so easy. Maybe not quite as good as a ST 6 for carrying, but I've never had one of those.

So yes, take the +MA, and then take it again if you're lucky enough to get it.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Still not playing here? Give it a try!
denthegod

Post   Posted: May 26, 2018 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the suggestions I took the +1 on the Movement.

As for playing here or online I can't. Short attention span when it comes to video games. At most I can play 45 minutes straight on a really good day. By playing the AI I can save and quit whenever I want. I tried playing online once and I almost got bored out of my skull within 40 minutes and that game lasted over an hour. I was tempted to just disconnect on the other guy but then I realized it wouldn't be fair to him so I stayed. I almost won, too but I made a bad decision and he tied it at the last minute and for some reason the goblin ref called it on like the 3rd turn of OT. Still it sucked sitting there the whole time.
 Jump to: