36 coaches online • Server time: 11:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anything been changed recently about the way this works ? I just won a game as High Elves in the box and my coach ranking for Box HE dropped by 3/4 points or so. Not very important, but still. My vanity hurts a little, too.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

You were probably just victimized by TV+ for not being "interesting". Don't worry. Microsoft is on it.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
You were probably just victimized by TV+ for not being "interesting". Don't worry. Microsoft is on it.

That's a relief.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 10:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Zirgantz wrote:
Has anything been changed recently about the way this works ? I just won a game as High Elves in the box and my coach ranking for Box HE dropped by 3/4 points or so. Not very important, but still. My vanity hurts a little, too.

You are probably mistaken. A win will never drop your rating, and a loss will never increase it.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Your current ranking is 167.19, found on your about page.
Before the game, your CR was 166.46, found on the match report.

All fine. Smile
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, my overall coach ranking did indeed increase, no problem there. My HighElf Blackbox status, on the other hand, went from "Legend" to "Emerging Star" after my victory, which is what surprised me.
And yes, I do realize pointing that out might make me seem petty, but it still looked like something wasn't working properly and was worth mentioning.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The titles are a bit complicated.

https://fumbbl.com/help:Rank+titles
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Zirgantz wrote:
Yes, my overall coach ranking did indeed increase, no problem there. My HighElf Blackbox status, on the other hand, went from "Legend" to "Emerging Star" after my victory, which is what surprised me.
And yes, I do realize pointing that out might make me seem petty, but it still looked like something wasn't working properly and was worth mentioning.

Are you sure it wasn't super star?

Either way your total record is only 12/3/2. That is not many games. So any single game could have a big impact.
If your rank is only updated when you play a match then other people could have played multiple matches and got ahead of you.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ask Real Madrid for CR questions

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Going from Legend to Super Star in a racial ranking after a win is possible but unlikely. "Legend" means "top 50", so if you were #50 and you and a coach not far below you both had wins but his was worth more, you might have been bumped down in ranking but not in CR.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw what seemed to be the same thing recently. My race CR dropped after I won a game vs Harad. I just assumed that the race CR chart was 1 game behind for some reason and that the bump would show up after next game.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 22:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The CR chart doesn't show full detail necessarily. I highly doubt there's a bug in the formula at this point. Smile
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2018 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I was beaten by a coach with a much lower (general) CR a few days ago, so if the race CR does indeed take a few games to adjust then that would explain the sudden drop. Ah well, I'll earn my place up there eventually, if nuffle wills it Very Happy Thanks for the answers !
 Jump to: