53 coaches online • Server time: 17:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Having reached the lofty heights of TV1800+ in the box, where the air is quite thin, the Ljosalfheim Lyrists are finding it difficult to thrive. Of their last 7 games, they've only won one, and instead picked up injuries on a few nicely developed players. I'm worried they've gotten fat, with too many skills on line-elves etc.

What should I do to trim the fat, shore up the weak spots and get on course to have a winning record again?

Bonus question: Thrower Arnlaug skilled in his last game, and rolled 5+5. I'm thinking Guard, but I'm not certain?

Last edited by ArthurWynne on %b %29, %2018 - %12:%May; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Link goes to a Chaos team.

Donate $10 to FUMBBL and send me two recent match reports, and I'll give them a good 40-60 minutes going over them, send you some screenshots and some pointers. Or just fix the link and we'll look at your roster and tell you if we see anything.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

These guys?

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, those guys. (Fixed the link in the first post too.)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
I suggest to fire Blitzer #2, Thrower #5 and Lineman #10.
Bonus answer: the Thrower #4 could take either Strong Arm (and Accurate later) if you want to pass more reliably, or Guard if you plan to use him as support player and running ball carrier.
I don't suggest to play with 2 Throwers, it's a TV bloat.
0-1 is the right amount.
Consider purchasing 1 or 2 Catchers to add some speed to the team.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 15:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The big issue here is one of play style. Under the 1750ish TV level HE can hold their own in LoS scrimmaging as their AV8 will stay quite well, they can get places with their AG and they have some block and some speed. So they suit a 'streetfighting' style. But you are at the TV where you will now face multiple MB and tackle and a guard wall. So HE cease to be effective at the run/skirmish game that they are DE do so well. DE can stay with it as their multiple toys and 4 blitzers give them more ability to stick to that style, do damage and create holes, but HE need to start to think more elfy. How will I score/outmanouver? for HE the usual answer is speed via the catchers and blitzers, not the passing game. how will I get the ball away for the opposition? Here either the av8 needs help to stay so that 'tie them up a bit and hit a bit and exploit holes/fails' is still viable, so blodge and/or SideStep, or cage popping, so leap/guard/strip ball and some +AG and/or side step. On top of all that you probably need a bench as all that MB/Tackle?guard i mentioned isnt going away.

Unfortunately HE arn't cheap as pro's or as durable and flexible as DE nor as cheaty as woodies, so every TV scrap has to be fought for. Each decision should serve purpose, they can rarely afford 'cool' builds unless they are also effective.

All that adds up to me having little new to add, were it me I'd....

Blitzer 2 has to go. 100%.

Linelf 10 is a liability, though usefully skilled. I'd sack him.

Throwers are not great on HE, unless you want a leader caddy. the +MA to me is a mistake, but others may argue it means a definite pick up on turn one. Sure hands I suppose is for elf v elf defence but not a great use of TV for my money. As MAttDakka said, the right number of throwers is 0-1. Dump one, or dump both.

Buy catchers, one ASAP and the next to take you to 12 full time elves.

Oh, if you keep the thrower, give him guard.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest, i always see you take time to answer questions about team management, and every time it's a pleasure to read.

You're the wisdom incarnate, sir.

Jump to: