31 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Blodge Guard CW dbls
Diving Tackle - This appeals to me most, but I do have two
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Stand Firm - My previous non-dbl planned skill
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Tackle - Team only has two, but feels like the wrong player for it
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Mighty Blow - Start another killstack at star?
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Mutation - Convince me.
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
MB then SF, he needs to be dangerous as well as annoying.
Honestly, I'd have taken DT before dodge on him, and jump up as a second double.

such players are quite dangerous
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2018 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Lots of great feedback. Thanks everyone.

As for side step...that's a non-starter for me. SS and SF play nearly the same role in my mind, so I'd never spend more on it than I'd have to. No SF Elves. No SS Chaos Warriors. Honestly I don't know why I see BoBs with SS sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I know how effective spam SS is (I'm looking at you PeteW!), I just don't think it's a worthwhile use of a dbl on a player with Strength access.

Went with DT.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2018 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok you have picked diving tackle.
But I must wonder if DT is worth it if you have mutations?

For instance, if you get Prehensile tail. It's -1 dodge modifier without a fall. DT is -2 and there are good reasons to pick DT (i.e. if you want the guy to fail, DT helps most).

I can see however that Prehensile tail stacks far better with Tentacles, guard or shadowing(no you would not choose shadowing on this player) then say DT.

Yes, you have picked the skill. But I want you to think about this player now. Is he a trapper or a blocker. I.e. is he there to stop say dark elves sneaking past a largish gap in the line, if so Prehensile tail. If he is there to stop or trap a player, then DT.

IMHO I would have gone prehensile tail and used him as a roadblock deterrent. Like someone who could have blocked a path down the endzone. i.e. 1 square out from the boundary, blocking a runner from going on the outside (-1 for 3 dodges to get past). Or in the center blocking an open path. Instead now I would be starting to think Tackle or side step/SF for his next skill, DT makes this guy a trapper he needs to be able to trap players. (Ok I would blow it all and go frenzy and use that STR4, but that's me).

Ultimately what is the guy used for? If he is a roadblock, SF or Tackle. If he is there to support, break tackle with Dodge to get him into position. Sacker, would have gone Wressle, then frenzy or Jugs.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2018 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as Prehensile tail goes, it stacks for the purpose of Diving Tackle, I believe
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2018 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just waiting for catalyst32 to show up and tell you that Pro would have been the right choice here Very Happy