48 coaches online • Server time: 17:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
That is the question
Yes. There is no beauty to the world and everything is horrible and pointless anyway.
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
No retirement ! Take your lumps like a man !
76%
 76%  [ 19 ]
I just want to go home, read Shakespeare and eat raspberry pie.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So this team : https://fumbbl.com/p/team?id=893199

Had a fantastic start and was blessed with a ag4 skink early on, but they have been taking massive (by lizard standards) beatings over the course of their last few games, and I'm wondering if the ag4 skink is worth the long, painful process of rebuilding a decent line of saurus (and also a new Krox at some point, in a very very distant future).
Klazam

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

youre only down 2 saurus, just work through it.

if the skink dies, though, feel free to scoop.
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

About the saurus, I'm mostly worried that the skink & the krox will make the TV skyrocket me to games against teams the saurus line might not be able to handle.
bassista

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The main problem, in my opinion, is that your team doesn't worth the TV it has, at the moment. Sneaky git is terrible on skinks, and sooner or later, as you said, you'll have to rebuild the krox. And there's the matter of the saurus with wrestle: I can understand the attempt, but I think in the long term you'll see it doesn't work. The point is: is a skink enough to insist with a team? Probably it isn't, and to try it means to have more or less 3-4 games of suffering. In the same number of game you can have 1-2 sauri with block with a new team and a fresh krox. Ag4 skinks are incredibly nice, it's true, but he'll have a terrible life, even cause one of the sauri you have has wrestle, that is bad combined with the defence of the skinks (it's easier to push him down and hit the skinks behind). I'd probably rebuild just cause I am scared by the chain of bad games I'd have to face. Every cas on a saurus would mean 2 more games of suffering, and it could be endless.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd keep the players you have for the time being and buy two new sarus as soon as possible. Dump SPP into the young sarus until they all have block and break tackle. Eventually replace the wrestler and the sneaky git.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the team logo

I say retire
The skink has only one good roll and a bunch of standard skills, he's arguably bloat by himself at 190tv and doesn't justify keeping a broken team

There's just 2 skills on saurus I'd want to keep, so retirement means throwing away 1 good stat and 2-3 normal skills

The TV is 1420 which is massive for so few good skills and carrying so many loners

Retire
Loew

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

if you want to be effective, retire.
if you don'T like to play the next games at an disadvantage, retire.
if you like a challenge, like the team, don't want to lose the name or have any other reasons to keep them, keep them.

They are in a rough spot now, but can be rebuild. The skink is only a bit bloaty, but still good. Even if it makes all the TDs in the next 10 or so games, it is unlikely to get up in TV.
In fact, I would try not to skill any more skinks and concentrate on the saurus. On the other hand, one of the best Lizardmen coaches on Fumbbl, Faulcon, had often a lot of high skilled skinks on his team and still won a lot ( this is the team: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=30941)

personally, i wouldn't take wrestle on a saurus (there are only 6 of them, they should be standing as much as possible) and sneaky git on skinks, but that are not terrible choices, either
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the input!

About the Sneaky Git skink : it was an experiment to try and see if Sneaky Git is as bad as everyone says it is. It is. The reason he is still around is simply because there are no other non-loner skink around these days, apart from the star skink himself.

About the Wrestle saurus : he gained that skill at a time when the team was out of Saurus with Tackle, and I was planning to develop him into a sacker with Break Tackle and Tackle.

The good thing about that ag4 skink is that he can do almost all the ball carrying by himself, and therefore the overall strategy was to not skill up the rest of the skinks too much (doubles or +stats would have been the exception): this way there was only one skink to really protect, and the TV wouldn't bloat any more because of skinks. Of course this started to fall apart once the saurus line crumbled to almost nothing.

I am still undecided about whether to keep playing the team or not. The skink is really, really good and keeps turning games around almost all by himself, but as someone said I'm worried the saurus line, crippled as it is, will keep on getting beat up and the healing process with be endless.
Punkow

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2018 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The team is suffering from serious TV bloat IMHO. At 1420 it has only 2 blocks, only 1 guard, no tackle... I would retire if you care about CR. If not, keep playing until you rebuild it but be prepared to some serious beatings.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I say keep, but then, I don't really see any point in retiring a team, pretty much ever.
They are in a bad place right now but their record is good and sooner or later they will rebuild.

If you don't want to go on the rebuilding tour right now, just take a break from activating them -sooner or later you'll be happy to have them.

At least that's how it works for me.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2018 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
On the other hand, one of the best Lizardmen coaches on Fumbbl, Faulcon, had often a lot of high skilled skinks on his team and still won a lot ( this is the team: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=30941)

Yea that's a league team tho, and from before D3 MVP

It's good to have some diving tackle sidestepping skinks, but the TV is better invested in saurus
 Jump to: