44 coaches online • Server time: 12:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

P.S.: Also, Ogres in CRP are worse than Goblins, the points in Prigin's list are from LRB4 days.
denthegod

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2018 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this thread isn’t active anymore but there is something I found really interesting with this game after reading this thread and even playing the game for a while now. The tier list really depends on the TV level.

My question is this: instead of just having one tier list would it be possible if some of you write up a tier list based on your experiences for three different TV levels? I mean one for TV 1000, one for TV 1500 and one for TV 2000? I think this will be very helpful for new guys like me and even experienced guys who are looking to try out new teams in a league and would like to plan out how they are going to play out their seasons.

Thanks
mrbibitte3

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This website (http://bloodbowlstrategies.com/en/relative-strength-of-teams/) does a pretty good job of showing the stats you are asking for. The stats methodology and sources aren't disclosed, but it looks/feels close enough. Everyone's mileage, of course, will vary.

There's a nice paragraph near the end of the post explaining why those stats are "almost wind". I think it's worth a read. So much more than stats are at play in a blood bowl game ! They probably don't tell as much as we all like to think they do !
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2018 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings and goblins ;(

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2018 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

mrbibitte3 wrote:
This website (http://bloodbowlstrategies.com/en/relative-strength-of-teams/) does a pretty good job of showing the stats you are asking for. The stats methodology and sources aren't disclosed, but it looks/feels close enough. Everyone's mileage, of course, will vary.

There's a nice paragraph near the end of the post explaining why those stats are "almost wind". I think it's worth a read. So much more than stats are at play in a blood bowl game ! They probably don't tell as much as we all like to think they do !

Hey thanks for the link. You’re right, it’s a very interesting read. I’m one of those guys that love reading tier lists. In my case, fortunately, I’m never good enough in those type of games where tiers would actually matter to me. If they did I’d always pick the top guys. I will say I never knew the Amazon’s are that good, though.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2018 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

relevant: Fumbbl Winrate Data - PowerBI Analysis
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=30066
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2019 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

denthegod wrote:
I know this thread isn’t active anymore but there is something I found really interesting with this game after reading this thread and even playing the game for a while now. The tier list really depends on the TV level.

My question is this: instead of just having one tier list would it be possible if some of you write up a tier list based on your experiences for three different TV levels? I mean one for TV 1000, one for TV 1500 and one for TV 2000? I think this will be very helpful for new guys like me and even experienced guys who are looking to try out new teams in a league and would like to plan out how they are going to play out their seasons.

Thanks

Little late to answer, but this tier list is for TV 2500+. Most other tier lists focus on TV1000, and I was more interested about fumbbl major winning races. Its pretty easy to make a TV1000 list though.

The races that vary the most in power as TV go up are Norse and Zons, which go from Top to bottom, Chaos goes up because they get mutation and block and str skills, orc goes up because bobs get block and guard and blitzers mighty blow. Vamps goes from trash to worse than average because they nullify somewhat their ofab with pro. Undead are a bit better at low TV(mummies are carnage at low tv) but their lack of mobility hurts at high TV, but they dont change in power level that much.

All other races stay relatively the same, of course i might be missing something, but there are graphs of winrates for every matchup at every TV somewhere on this site, but explaining every matchup at every TV starts being a pretty big task Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2019 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Title is something about newbie guide.... i don't think the OP list work well for rookie.

I don't have great list for rookie coaches now (i suggest orcs and darkelves mostly.. maybe try undead after few games, they are solid.. if one learns from mistakes then dorfs are good.. all the other 3 are more for learning despite making mistakes)

But here is my tier-ish-list for medium level coaches: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=724533#724533

Also i tried to list things one can learn from playing said races.
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
Title is something about newbie guide.... i don't think the OP list work well for rookie.

I don't have great list for rookie coaches now (i suggest orcs and darkelves mostly.. maybe try undead after few games, they are solid.. if one learns from mistakes then dorfs are good.. all the other 3 are more for learning despite making mistakes)

But here is my tier-ish-list for medium level coaches: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=724533#724533

Also i tried to list things one can learn from playing said races.

The tier list is for tournament play true but the newbie guide is after where I talk about every race and explain why they are at the tier. Again, beginner or basic advice is available elsewhere in quantity, I wanted to make a more high quality information dump that is still readable for beginners, that have an interest in building a team for future high TV. I guess its for newbies with ambition Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2019 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

THanks for the guide, it's one hell of a resource for a beginner! Fortunately enough, I kept my old allegiances from WoW, and was working on blood elf and dwarf teams, this isn't the best choice ever, but still far from being terrible.
I just wanted to know how close to the current meta this list is, and whether it applies to the board or video game. Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm still quite new to this!
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2019 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Flanker_27 wrote:
THanks for the guide, it's one hell of a resource for a beginner! Fortunately enough, I kept my old allegiances from WoW, and was working on blood elf and dwarf teams, this isn't the best choice ever, but still far from being terrible.
I just wanted to know how close to the current meta this list is, and whether it applies to the board or video game. Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm still quite new to this!

Its a pretty close representation for high tv. Pro elf is probably a bit better than humans, they probably are just not that popular. Slann is probably a bit better than humans too(they were a new team in the data and didnt have the chance to shine). Ogres are trash now.

Dwarves are a solid pick, you do have to keep in mind that they are very slow. High elf is probably easier to play than pro elf, because of av 8 linos and classical positionals. But both choices are pretty similar in power level.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2019 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, thanks for the explanation, I'll keep working with these teams then, and then I'll venture into something more competitive if I feel the need for it.
aerofool

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience, I have had quite a bit of luck with the Ogres, Khemri and Norse to a point where I hardly believe they should be ranked that low.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires aren't worse than average at high tv, they're one of the best teams over there. Orcs aren't nearly as strong as you make them seem to be.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2019 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

asteflix wrote:
Orcs aren't nearly as strong as you make them seem to be.

I think the reason for the high ranking here is more inclined to their popularity.