74 coaches online • Server time: 21:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frylen

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2018 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I am browsing the leagues for ideas on how to make a league discord server that really has it all. Do you have any good examples of league servers that works well and/or are appreciated among the coaches/commissioners of that league? Also: what do you think constitutes a good server?
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2018 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've very recently brought up a discord server for a league, and once I'm comfortable that I didn't botch anything horribly, am planning to offer up channels to league commissioners who don't necessarily want to stand up their own separate server.

The model of a good league servers, to my mind, would be the '145 Club' (single league) and 'Secret League' (multiple leagues + lots of open league play activity) servers.
Frylen

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2018 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of features will that joint server contain? Separate text channels (and voice channels?) for every league I presume? Have you thought of any other special solutions or beneficial ways to get synergies?
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2018 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, separate text channel for each... each in their own category, if desired. I've only ever seen the voice channels used once, in 145 Club for a live game commentary. The game results thru the BowlBot isn't working (or isn't working well), afaik, at the moment. Common emojis, I could see as useful. I know there's other automatons which can be done... but I have to admit -- when using Discord as a fancier ICQ, I'm at a loss to think of other potential features.
(Personally, not having to switch servers to more than a small handful of Discord servers would be the first synergy. Smile)

ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2018 - 01:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think bundling leagues into common discord servers works well.

#swl, includes nearly all the leagues in the Australasian timezone. #swl, #dibbl, #ssl, #ccba. There is a lot of overlap in discussion and player base.

So it might make sense for North American leagues to be on the same discord server. Similarly languages, French, Spanish...
 Jump to: