57 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Albemouff

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This is just a thought, but wouldn't it be useful to have a Cancel action button in the client that allows, say 1 time per player, to ask a Ctrl-Z on the last action, on agreement of both coaches ?

I know missclicks are part of the game and you're supposed to be careful, but it couldnt hurt to have the possibility to repair them if both coaches are okay with that ?

Any thoughts ?

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That -2d attempt on your ball carrier was a misclick. Promise. Now are you a swell guy/gal or a cheating loser who won’t let me replay.
Albemouff

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, i didn't think about that.
But i wouldn't agree on replay in this case. Blitz being a two clicks action, it it way less likely to look like a missclick.

I was thinking more of actions like a turn 16 pass for TD missclicked into a move action for example.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

A replay button would be a bad idea imo. A confirmation window along the lines of "You are about to make a 5+ dodge. Proceed anyway ?" that would pop up on rolls more likely to fail than to succeed, on the other hand...

Not the ultimate solution to misclicks, but it would still be a massive improvement.
Harad

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Albemouff wrote:
Hehe, i didn't think about that.
But i wouldn't agree on replay in this case. Blitz being a two clicks action, it it way less likely to look like a missclick.

I was thinking more of actions like a turn 16 pass for TD missclicked into a move action for example.

I know, but as soon as you make something black and white, grey, people take advantage. 4 minute turns are a good example. That doesn’t mean it’s wrong, but one needs to weigh up how much it would be abused.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

gods no

idiocy should not be reWARDED. you only learn through your mistakes

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there could be some good options for this coded in. For example clicking move instead of hand off or pass or blitz, and vice versa...Then being able to cancel BEFORE you actually move the player. So it is misclicking on the menu only. In fact it is something that should be in the client.
There could be an issue when next to a player. So if you clicked blitz, then showed the block dice to block someone next to you then it would have to be that you would already have missed the cancel chance. Any additional clicks and the cancel button goes.

So not an option to move and blitz and then change when you realize what the needed roll is. That would be abused.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

misclicks are just the fumbbl equivalent of illegal procedure.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I think there could be some good options for this coded in. For example clicking move instead of hand off or pass or blitz, and vice versa...Then being able to cancel BEFORE you actually move the player. So it is misclicking on the menu only. In fact it is something that should be in the client.
There could be an issue when next to a player. So if you clicked blitz, then showed the block dice to block someone next to you then it would have to be that you would already have missed the cancel chance. Any additional clicks and the cancel button goes.

So not an option to move and blitz and then change when you realize what the needed roll is. That would be abused.

Code:
do you want to proceed with formatting /sda? y
are you sure to format /sda? y
dude, really? y
can we talk about that? n
so, you don't want to format /sda. YES I WANT TO WIPE THAT
so, you don't want to format /sda. y
ok, let me get this straight - abort formatting /sda? n
clever cookie. did you know that formatting would erase all data on /sda? y
...THAT FOLDER, also, will be gone. Continue? y
really? y
really really really? y
"fo sho"? y
ok then. press y to begin formatting /sda... y
TRICKED YOU! NOW I'M REBOOTING
reboot...

Arktoris wrote:

this, period.
/thread

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

And if I am not mistaken. That is beginning a move without declaring what move you are making. You must declare Block, Move, Blitz!, Hand Off, Pass, etc on TT.

And what was the penalty? Losing a ReRoll? Turnover?

I forget the penalty. But often when you misclick you lose a ReRoll or experience a Turnover (or BOTH).

At least on Fumbbl you might still safely have the Ball standing next to the guy you were going to Hand Off to OR Man Marking the guy you were going to Blitz! Which is less harsh than a turnover (in some circumstances).
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Illegal Procedure was not moving the Turn Marker before taking any actions with your players.

Penalty used to be RR or Turn Over... it was changed to lose a RR if you have one OR the Opponent gains one.

Mis-clicks may be annoying, but the onus is on the active coach to do it right. I'm afraid that this would be easily open to abuse, and having the other coach 'sign off' potentially just lead to peer pressure to allow it. I.e. put the onus on the non-active coach to allow assorted 'didn't mean it' moments.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The ONE misclick that happens to me constantly is the random dodge when missing clicking the player for the menu to end move.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

most of mine occur when I'm really tired and hand coordination declines...or when my little daughter comes by and decides to play too.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I avoid most misclicks now by targeting the far end of the option.

One click on the player, move the mouse all the way past the dodge/gfi/blockdice squares to the bit of the menu over an unmarked square, then click that bit of it.

Even with my magical double-click-for-no-reason mouse, that solved it for me.

I'm also careful to avoid that dodge-blitz bug by deliberately waiting a moment before clicking the blitz target. And if ever cancelling a leap, give the server time to catch up before moving further.

edit: Real misclick problem, CONTINUE/END TURN. Same button space, double click there just burns a turn and nothing you can do, it skips the ask for unmoved players for some reason.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

good advice tussock. I'll aspire to remember to do that.
 Jump to: