47 coaches online • Server time: 15:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What norse list?
List without yhetee
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
List with yhetee
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 30

Milman

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2018 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hej all,
could use some advise on what starting line-up i should go for. I'm gonna play norse and i'm having trouble between 2 lists.

2 Ulfs,2 Berserkers,2 Runners,1 Thrower,4 linemen and 2RR

or

1Yhetee,2 Ulfs,2 Berserkers,1 Runner,5 Linemen and 2RR

What list is the best and why? Smile
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2018 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2018 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I see lots of norse coaches running without a yhetee at all (even when developed). I wouldn't start with one, but would save for one. Av 7 blockers need to maximise damage with claw for me. But experienced norse coaches generally appear to disagree... I wouldn't start with thrower either. Unlikely you'll be passing much and runners are much better all round players.
Milman

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2018 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be saving for the yethee. I would take the thrower dor easy leader acces.
First buy would be apo,then yethee and then rr.
det

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2018 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

either the first list but drop the thrower for a lino so you can buy an apo from the start.
I'd try to have 3 Rr plus apo at the start actually, which means 2 ulf, 2 other positionals between runners and zerks and the rest linos...
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2018 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Ulfs, no yhetee, max 1 berserker, no thrower, 1 runner (then buy 2nd when possible).

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2018 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely no yhetee to start - he's expensive, very unreliable and not even that tough or bashy... he will lose you games if taken too early. However I would save for one later in development - a skilled yhetee is a very different beast, with Mighty Blow and - critically - block when he doubles, he becomes a lynch pin and allows you to compete with big bash sides
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2018 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW I would downgrade the thrower and one runner to linemen, and buy a 12th player. Most norse are av7, best to have at least one sub. You only need one runner to start and the thrower is often forgotten (can be useful for getting Leader, but otherwise these two are a bit bloaty!)
Joost

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2018 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Cheap linemen with block are your teams strength. Yetees are just poor imo. Ulfs i believe are critical and runners can develop quite nicely as carriers. You don't need leader since rr are cheap and you have block everywhere. So i wouldnt take a thrower. A berserker is Nice for quick mighty blow. Make use of the cheap linos by hitting a lot andfouling smartly.
Firedept

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

1Yhet,2 Ulfw,2 Zerkers,1 Runner,6 Linemen and 1RR
I ask the question : What are RR used for ?
RR are there to Reroll for actions that are risquier or to save a critical fail.
You have 8/11 players that are immuned to blocks risks (thanks to block). Others are strong enough to roll at least 2 dice (on average just 1/9 % risk to fail).
So you just need RR to save you from the 3 little guys with 10% risk or for the other ones with their 3%.
So 1RR is just enough to try to catch the ball once nobody remain front of your players. Keep in mind your players are week you will have 1-3 wounds before the second half so 12 players.
Or if you want to play secure, 2RR.
I use to play Norses on tournament with friends, I often finish the game with 1RR.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This one.