33 coaches online • Server time: 11:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I am tired of some crazy people reporting my teams. Each time they try it, some mod looks at them and finds nothing offensive. But the problem is - it temporarily locks my team down for some time and I can't play with it - and that's ANNOYING. This time it is this team:

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=903158

so I would like to ask that Joker, that keeps on reporting my teams for no reason, to step up and show his face. Don't be a coward! And look up "sense of humour" in a dictionary!

And I would like to ask for a change in the system - flagging a team should be ok, but not AUTOMATICALLY locking it down - what about the "not guilty till proven otherwise" rule? doesn't seem to apply here on FUMBBL.

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
Gerryman

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would change those names. Its a bit Neanderthal sexism isn't it?

I mean that stuff wasn't funny in the 50's.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

reported! totally sexist team Very Happy

kidding of course - but I believe admins have a log of who reports the teams, so if it's pervasive harassment it will get sorted soon enough.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, you got it. I'm the person who reported that team.

I think I've reported some others of your teams too, but looking at your currently active teams I can't find any of those, so either I'm misremembering, you've retired them since then or the names have been changed.

I appreciate that it's annoying to have a team "locked down" and I agree that an automatic lock based on an anonymous report is probably not the best solution, but I absolutely stand by my report.

Gerryman said it well: That team has one "joke", which is 70 years old and wasn't funny when it was new. Offensive team and roster names are against the site rules and while what's offensive is very much in the eye of the beholder, FUMBBL is supposed to be a welcoming community for everyone, so we shouldn't give a pass to that kind of casually sexist crap.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

By whining on the forum you have now tipped off people who otherwise may never have looked at your teams.

Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lawofthewest, come on man. I know you like to wind people up but no surprise if someone complains about sexist team and player names.
If you had the player names with a different team name and bio it may be fine. But I think the blatant combination is a bit much.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i can't believe the butthurt (please excuse the internet terminology), lawofthewest is a fun coach that plays with the names of his teams, get over it people. if you find it offensive don't play him. i think i may report arthurwynne for overly exposing the fumbbl community to butthurt, i find it offensive.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you guys are missing the hilarity of this situation... lawofthewest who by his own admission loves poking and prodding to get reactions from other people gets what he wants... and he doesn't like it! XD
Zed

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Very mild stupid joke indeed, admin would be right to put the team back on asap, being welcoming doesn't mean allowing the flagging of every joke or pun you don't enjoy yourself.

Last edited by Zed on Jul 18, 2018 - 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Gerryman

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think you might be missing the irony too. He's a man who like poking fun at people to get a reaction. He gets a reaction. He cries on the forum about said reaction. Seems like a typical gammonflake to me.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If people don't like it they'll click the link. That is what it is there for.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I may have reported one of your teams, but I honestly don't remember.
I know I've reported a good number of teams for naming in the past, but usually I only do so when I notice players named

or
Blitzer 1
Blitzer 2
Thrower 1
etc.

I've had teams reported too, I know it's an inconvenience. But most of the mods will help you pretty readily, and if there really is something wrong, they'll let you know.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a "did I leave the oven on?" kinda revelation, reading this.

Is this inappropriate?

If so, can retire. Honest question, so honest answers, pls. Don't wanna make the community a less-accessible place. Haven't gotten any criticism yet, but don't know whether that's because a) it's not that bad, b) it hasn't been seen by many women, or c) the collective audience doesn't have sufficient English skills to get the double-entendre. Might be a combination of the three. But only option A is really acceptable.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Gerryman wrote:
I mean that stuff wasn't funny in the 50's.

ArthurWynne wrote:
That team has one "joke", which is 70 years old and wasn't funny when it was new.

How do you know? Personal experience?
panalukidis

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i can't believe this discussion is happening, are you all 12 years old? get over it ffs, it's a team on fumbbl. if you think his team name is harming women's rights, then maybe you should something childish and unnecessary. and stop voting trump. that would make everyone happy

Last edited by panalukidis on Jul 18, 2018 - 22:08; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: